Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In North Dakota two mountain bikers were riding the Maah-Daah-Hey trail Sunday and were stalked by a 2-3 year old 130lb mountain lion. Using their bikes for sheilds they were able to drive the cat off. During the interview with the Bismarck Tribune they reported seeing the cat three times before it finally closed the gap and became a threat. The ND Fish and Game dispatched a hunter and dogs to kill the cat but rain had washed away the tracks.

dakotamike

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yet, another reason why one should carry a .44 magnum on the hip. A 4" barrel will wear weel and go hardly noticed. A couple pounds on the hip is better than a hundred pounds on the back and neck. Scaring the cat off once is justified, but the second or third time it comes calling should be its last.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I agree,now only if the lawmakers saw fit to allow legal carry in public wilderness so we would'nt be breaking the law to defend ourselves.
Saddens one to think they could lose a nice firearm and be charged with crime just because they had a sidearm in wilderness areas.

·
Registered
523 Posts
outdoorman said:
I agree,now only if the lawmakers saw fit to allow legal carry in public wilderness so we would'nt be breaking the law to defend ourselves.
Saddens one to think they could lose a nice firearm and be charged with crime just because they had a sidearm in wilderness areas.
AMEN to that!!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
outdoorman said:
Outdoorsman - depends what state your in. Here in Montana it is completely legal to carry sidearm anywhere but the National Parks to defend yourself ie National Forest - Any Wilderness Areas.... **** its an open carry state :lol:

·
Registered
143 Posts
when i got out in the wilderness here in oregon the colt comes with me. and if it aint the colt its the 300 mag. i wish i could get a mountain lion to stalk me during mountain lion season. :wink:

country rebel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts