Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I was lucky to find a Remington 700 mt rifle in 7x57 a couple of months ago but I found another one in 308 today and got it,both made in 1989

·
22,367 Posts
they were a sweet little gun. I had one in 280 that I was forced to part with to pay off an ex wife in a divorce. Sure wish I had it back.

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
I found one in 280 on a used rack. rice was right. Wouldn't shoot within 3". I cleaned copper for three days before it came clean. Cut groups in half.

·
22,367 Posts
mine shot 140 sierras into just over an inch for 3. Its one gun though that you couldn't shoot 5 shot groups unless you had all day to keep the barrel cool. The other one I have like that is my Kimber montana. Difference is its cost twice as much and even if you take your time your lucky to shoot a 1.5 inch 3 shot group with its best load and most loads go over 2 in for 3 shots and 5 shots you might as well use a shotgun for the last two.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I have a 1997 model bought new in 7mm-08. for get shoting a clean barrel and hitting a pie plate at 100 yards on the second shot.
But run a shot thru to dirty the barrel and you can place touching shots slowly one after another.

Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts