Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought you guys might like to see this old boar hog I took this fall. I was using a Ruger M77 in 7MM Remington Magnum. One shot with a 160 grain Nosler Partition handload put him down in his tracks. I usually take a heart or lung shot but since the brush was so thick I thought I should take a neck shot to nail him. The shot was about a 60 yard shot.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Great looking hog!!! Where did you get him...??? If you want to write up the story for me, I would love to edit the story into my online magazine... Let me know if you are interested... IronKnees

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not much of a story Dave. I live in the Piney Woods of East Texas. I was sitting in an old deer blind drinking a cup of coffee. The old boar hog came out of the pine plantation and walked up to my feeder. I put down my coffee, stuck the rifle out the window, took aim, and pulled the trigger. End of story. :grin:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ha Haaaa!!! Don't ya' love it when a plan comes together! I shot a deer that way a couple of years ago. I had not even planned to go hunting, and didn't even have on my hunting gear. Just my geans and a t-shirt. I was in kind of a bad mood and just wanted to get out for a while. Drove out to my friends house, slid down the bank to the creek on my rear, and sat down behind some bushes by a bridge. I had not even got settled yet when I hear foot falls. I drew my bow, and, since I had no clue what was coming out from behing the hedge I pointed the bow at the ground. The deer stepped out about 20 feet from me, I raised the bow, shot, and the deer droped in it's tracks... (hit high and clipped the spine) I pulled it to the truck, and drove home. Total time out, about 45 min. from door to door... Anyway, if you decide to expound a bit, have at it and I will edit into the March/April edition along with that great picture... You could talk about your photography too to add to it... Dave http://www.accs.net/users/drquick/hfhonlinemagazine.html

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Nice pig

Ironwood, now what kind of coffee were you drinking? It could be a hog attractant! :-D You could probably bottle some of it and sell it for $5.00 an ounce.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
markc... I think it was probably that $4.50 a sack corn that attracted him. However, I was drinking Folgers coffee. : :grin:

·
Registered
399 Posts
IronWood... Awww, come on man... Write me up a short story so I can publish your pic in and story in my magazine.... :D :-D :grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts