Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for real world experience. Does the dot cover 5/8 inch at 100 yds through out the power range? With the battery removed, is the scope usable, can you see the dot? How much distortion at 16 power? Is the distortion at the edges or through out the view field? Have the click adjustments held up to constant adjustment? Are the click adjustments accurate, 1/8 inch movement at 100 yds? Is the dot a gimmick looking for a place to fail. What has been your experience with Mueller warranty?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I don't have real-world experience, but I can answer some of your questions:

Does the dot cover 5/8 inch at 100 yds through out the power range? No, since the scope uses a 2nd focal plane reticle, the reticle will cover more of the target as the power is increased and less as it decreases.

With the battery removed, is the scope usable, can you see the dot? Yes, the reticle is still present when not illuminated or even with the battery removed entirely.

Is the dot a gimmick looking for a place to fail? No, it is just a style of reticle. The reticle itself is etched into the glass of one of the lenses so it isn't an additional point of failure.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
I have two one is on a 7 MM Magnum rifle No problems at all Great glass for an inexpensive scope

1 - 5 of 5 Posts