Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez ::) :mad:

Well its those "assault type black guns" and those deadly high capacity magazines again!

That cotton picking work place violence again! When are we going to disarm all the people? Will we ever learn? ::)

Attachments

·
Registered
42,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
We've been at ThreatCon Bravo for a couple of months anticipating this, which makes all the bases a harder to target than usual. And which then means they have to look for soft targets, like Recruiting Stations and Reserve Centers. My concern is with the privatization of most base functions, including housing, to where civilians now live in military housing through various "project" programs, access to military schools, CDCs, Chapels, etc. does not require passing through security, so the softest targets out there are often our military families/children.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Not to worry, the President said it was a lone gunman. Nothing to see here. Phooey on Dewey! After all is said done they "might" get to hire a private Security Guard. Every MP should have a loaded ( not empty chamber either!) handgun and an M4. But hey, what they "should have" isn't Politically Correct. I don't know how many times I stood guard duty in Germany 1972-73 with Baader Meinhoff blowing things up before they "finally" let us have ammo. Big deal, you had one magazine in the rifle the rest were in mag pouches sealed with Lead Wire seals. So then, you 20 rounds IF you just had to use them and then they let it be known your Teat was in the Wringer!

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
Well it seems that this recruiting center was a "GUN FREE ZONE" Go figger that crap!

Cant moooselimbs read? ::)

And the shooter was a "lone wolf" Not a moooselimb nutjob jihadist!

Can you just imagine Ike telling the guys ready to invade Normandy to not call the Germans Nazi bastards! So they wouldn't be offended.

We are up to our necks in stupid! Our "leaders" are retarded.

Attachments

·
Registered
42,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
585 Posts
RevJim said:
Every MP should have a loaded ( not empty chamber either!) handgun and an M4. But hey, what they "should have" isn't Politically Correct.
Agreed, or something close to it. I recommended sidearms earlier - that ought to be a long gun, too. I can't hit with a pistol near as good as with a rifle. And shootouts with jihadis will probably be a further than CCW distances...
I don't know how many times I stood guard duty in Germany 1972-73 with Baader Meinhoff blowing things up before they "finally" let us have ammo.
You make a good point.

·
Registered
42,140 Posts

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
There's a disconnect going on ... all DOD installations have been at THREATCON BRAVO for a couple of months already, which means ARMED SECURITY (Military or Civilian). All on security duty are carrying a sidearm, with ammo, loaded, plus usually one is visibly carrying an M4 or Shotgun, loaded, with additional long arms staged in the guard shack/patrol car. Perimeter and interior security is already armed, was already armed before yesterday. There's also increased ATF measures in place ... heck my car was inspected 3 times in one day driving onto the base where I live, which is 2 miles from the base where I work. HARD TARGET is already in place for military installations.

The problem is that none of that applies to Recruiting Stations in malls, or Reserve Centers, which is precisely why this man attacked those SOFT targets. The solution set isn't to arm security, they already are. The solution is to extend security to military presence outside of the perimeter, or bring them back inside the fence.

·
Registered
585 Posts
TeamNelson said:
The problem is that none of that applies to Recruiting Stations in malls, or Reserve Centers, which is precisely why this man attacked those SOFT targets. The solution set isn't to arm security, they already are. The solution is to extend security to military presence outside of the perimeter, or bring them back inside the fence.
Are recruiters in locales listed above prohibited from carrying arms?

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Kevin said:
TeamNelson said:
Are recruiters in locales listed above prohibited from carrying arms?

Yes.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Kevin said:
TeamNelson said:
That's what I figured. The military seems very Democrat-like, when it comes to view of RKBA/personal weapons.

CJCS is concerned that allowing on-duty military to have firearms will be a violation of posse commitatus, and it seems like this incident (and others) is putting pressure to renew a rethink on that law, and repeal it so soldiers on duty but off base can carry issue firearms.

Anybody else have an alarm bell going off in their heads? This may play out along the lines of the administration feigning reluctance to repeal a law that was put in place to protect the citizenry from misuse of the military, but since its for safety reasons ... oh, ok.

·
Registered
585 Posts
TeamNelson said:
CJCS is concerned that allowing on-duty military to have firearms will be a violation of posse commitatus, and it seems like this incident (and others) is putting pressure to renew a rethink on that law, and repeal it so soldiers on duty but off base can carry issue firearms.
Or at least let 'em carry personal arms. Aren't a lot of recruiters first class or CPO? Lots of chiefs and first class perfectly capable of handling firearms (and a few who shouldn't be allowed near one).
Anybody else have an alarm bell going off in their heads? This may play out along the lines of the administration feigning reluctance to repeal a law that was put in place to protect the citizenry from misuse of the military, but since its for safety reasons ... oh, ok.
No alarm here. Where you goin' with this?

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Kevin said:
TeamNelson said:
Or at least let 'em carry personal arms. Aren't a lot of recruiters first class or CPO? Lots of chiefs and first class perfectly capable of handling firearms (and a few who shouldn't be allowed near one).
No alarm here. Where you goin' with this?

The military is not going to authorize active duty on duty folks to carry personally owned weapons (POW) because that exposes them to liabilities, i.e. training, ammo, proper maintenance, etc. The military solution will be to issue weapons for carry while on active duty. [As a member of a military marksmanship team who competes using military arms & ammo at off base functions, I am intimately familiar with all the laws and restrictions involved.] Posse Comitatus act prohibits armed US troops off base, for good reasons ... and it appears that a different good reason MAY be used to trump another good reason, to repeal an important piece of law that protects US citizens.

If the law is removed that prohibits armed US military on duty off base, what other applications might that enable ... that many here have claimed they're concerned about?

·
Registered
585 Posts
TeamNelson said:
If the law is removed that prohibits armed US military on duty off base, what other applications might that enable ... that many here have claimed they're concerned about?
I don't know. I do know that the whole 'gun free zone' idea is a bad one that makes it easier for killers to kill, and I'm against that.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I think we are still in the " go to the back of the plane " mentality, the mentality that existed before 9/11, go to the back of the plane and the hijackers would negotiate with the government for your release for money. It was how the government dealt with the situation at the time. We are doing the same thing now, waiting for the government to handle it, but the government cannot handle it. There are just too many targets for the resources that are available and the government is NOT going to admit that it cannot protect its citizens. Just as in the Pennsylvania airliner crash on 9/11, it will take the citizens to stop the attacks, if the government lets us! On a side note, I thought congress and the president gave the military the right to operate within our borders, a couple of years ago. Just my .02 worth and I am way over paid. JamesIII

1 - 20 of 28 Posts