Premium Member
16,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this for my Grandkids to shoot.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
COOL!!

They have one model that has a pink stock that someone like myself couldn't resist buying for the granddaughter, It went for $90.
I was at a gunshow recently and the very same one with the pink stock went for $200. :eek:
It must have been a popular item along with being a good marketing idea...at that price it must be a supply & demand type thing or the manufacture re-tooled for another limited run.

Comparable to this was the Ruger #1B...Prices for one of these chambered for the Hornet were $800 cause this is supposedly the last that will be made in this caliber. I didn't think that it was worth a penny more than $600 (new)
but didn't argue any points with them, perhaps the supply & demand again.

·
Registered
19,178 Posts
I bought one for my daughter and of course it was to slow for her. so I bought her a ruger 10/22 and a walther P22 and the cricket became mine. it has the plastic stock and weighs 2 1/2 lbs with a 2 lb trigger. I love it. you can hardly tell it's hanging on you shoulder and with dynapoints it shoots 1in. groups at 50yds. it wears a tiny bsa scope and weighs about 3 1/2lbs with scope and sling.

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cricket makes a walnut stock with 2" more pull. It isn't expensive, and I'm tempted to order one. Are you using the scope Cricket sells on their website?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Hmmmmm you know that looks very like the old BSA No2A pattern rifle I acquired recently, ever the stock profile is similar. The BSA was introduced in 1909 and was available with three different sights set ups. Normal on barrel rear sight, a Aperture sight on the rear of the action and a folding aperture vernier sight on the wrist of the stock which mine has. To use it the std rear sight on the barrel had to be removed. The action cocks on closing (like the Enfield) and it was also made a a "Pocket Model" which had a latch and was hinged in the middle and folded in two for easy carrying, remember than bicycles were a common form of transport ;)

Will try to get some photos uploaded soon if I can get them to work with this darned XP system.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought one with a black plastic stock for my daughter. Then I ordered a pink lami stock for her. I put the pink on for her and the black one on for when I want to loaf around the woods with it. I also put a cheap little 2-7x20 tasco scope on it. She has taken a few squirrels. We have a blast shooting it. I did do some trigger work with some JB weld and a little spring trimming. It is still a little heavy, but I got all the creep out of it.

·
Registered
19,178 Posts
mine has a bsa scope 3-7x20 from walmart $16.88

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just adopted four little ones, and am looking at getting a couple of these Crickets to train them with. That little rifle looks pretty good with OP's ax and a good knife. Plus, I could get 2 Crickets for the price of one T/C Contender .22 carbine barrel (who am I kidding. I know I'd end up with both anyway).
;D

·
Registered
237 Posts
I got for my Daughter a few years ago. She’s outgrown it now.
But we still use it at camp. We break it down and stow it in a pack for fishing trips up lake!

·
Registered
69 Posts
My grandson's 6th birthday is next month, and he is getting a Crickett with the blue/grey laminated stock. ;D As soon as he gets a bit bigger, he will get a CZ 452 Scout, which I, of course, already have waiting! ;D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got one for myself a few years ago.It came from the factory with a barracuda stock in 17hmr for $100.Its very loud with the short barrel but fun to shoot.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Swampman, that is a neat little gun. In my opinion, the best all around. The only thing that would make it better is for it to be magazine fed. I am fixin to get my daughter one with pink stock and order a black stock for when I want to take it to the woods. It will break down small enough to fit in most packs and can fire any round from Colibri's up to Yellow Jackets.
Thanks for sharing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts