·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
Very nice bear. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got him with a 30/06 with 220 grain silvertips..Last animal I shot before I started reloading..I actually ran out of bullets and he was still clawing and snapping and scaring the crap out of me,,took me a few seconds to get my legs moving..Got him in northern alberta in the Virginia hills..That pic was a few years ago,,got a nice little blackie this spring

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I knew there was lots of bears in the area as I was working around there,,Just went for a walk down a logging road in the evening and he walked out about 75 yards in front of me,,I made a bad first shot and got him really mad and actually got charged in the morning.This year I had a smaller one walk out 30 or 40 yards behind me on a pipeline and took the time for a good shot and he only went about three steps..This years bear was taken with a cz-550 in 375H&H with a 260 gr accubond..Overkill for a small bear but it worked with a good shot..My /06 would have worked better if I had gave it a better first shot..A good lesson I guess...First time i had my knees knock together like you see in cartoons when you are a kid..At least I didn't piss myself. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice Bear!

Look at that beast!! That's why bear hunting for ME is my dream hunt!! I envy you. Thanks for sharing the pic too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts