Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Well, thanks strictly to my procrastinating nature, I just received my bear rug back. This was the one I shot last Spring. It was taken in S.E. Alaska and was seven foot with a 20 13/16ths skull (green.)

Here's some pictures...

A couple with my wild-haired 5 year old posing...

It turned out great! The taxidermist was non-other than Tammy S. the wife of one our very own members here, Joel S (or lilbigun). She worked with me and my wife, while we picked out the backing colors and whether or not the mouth would be closed, open, or snarled. We chose open with no snarl. She did a great job, and I plan on sending any future bears I shoot up to her. The pictures just don't do it justice.

Maybe next Monday, if I get around to it, I'll send JJHack the skull... ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ihookem,

Don't really know how much it weighed. It wasn't the fattest looking bear I've ever seen. I'd estimate 400lbs or so.

Here's a another picture, if it helps...

·
Registered
531 Posts
sry about the late response....NICE BEAAAAR congrats :grin:

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
What did you shoot him with, what distance, ect.

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
nice mount

Hey I like the blue felt - never have seen that before. Usually red or green - the blue really emphasizes the black color.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the compliments Gents. :)

My wife and I looked at a lot of rugs trying to decide on the right color for the felt trim. Almost went with a dark green, but the blue matched the couches in the living room. Really! That, of course, was the wifes input. :)

I shot that bear with a 416 Taylor loaded with a 370gr North Fork bullet. The distance was 170 yards, which is kind of far, but we were on a tiny little island, and the bear was on the mainland. I would have stalked closer if I could.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.