Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a 7.62x39 commie crap :noway: shooting barrel for his T/C handgun he got from a pawn shop here in Kingman,AZ
! It has a 30/30 10'' BB he likes it a lot butt( and wheeling to trade the 30/30 for it ,he said he don't the $ to shoot as much as he could(hes a truck driver,18 wheeler) and don't have the the time to reload ,6 days out and sometimes 2 off,1 for honeydos and time with the litte one ,sometimes 1 for him,
if any of you have been a driver you know what it's like!
THANKS for any help
I'm sure he would like to be able to shoot it all day for a few bucks!
Dennis NW AZ
P.S I did see one on e-bay a ??? 30 H and 7.62x39 in one???I don't see how that can be!!!!

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
DW,

I'm assuming that we are talking TC Contender here. Contenders can't safely handle the back thrust/pressure of a 7.62 X 39. The TC Encore which is larger and stronger can. If someone actually did rechamber a Contender barrel to 7.62X39, I would suggest staying away from it. A Contender with a 10 inch 30-30 barrel is nice and fairly economic to shoot.

Blessings!

ShootnStr8

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!!!!

I will let him know when he gets back in town that it will not work with his mod. how about 223 Rem 5.56, are stuff ? :agree:
Dennis US Army RA

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
DW,

Yes, the 223 Rem will work well in a Contender. Even though it operates at high pressure its small case head doesn't create as much back thrust pressure as you would have with the 7.62X39.

Blessings!

ShootnStr8

1 - 5 of 5 Posts