Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
22,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a guy on a differnt forum wanted to see it figured maybe someone here might be intersted in making one.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
I have a similar one, commercially produced, has 1/4" steel and a cast steel snail on the collection end that spns the bullets into lumps and powder. It handles full bore .44 mags well. (30 degree included angle on the cone - eases the transition of the bullets from free flight to skidding.)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Lloyd, You need one modification. Dig out the bottom a bit, elevate the trap and place your melting pot beneath the trap. Add a bench with press off to the side and you only have to leave the range to make a quick sandwich so you can get back to shooting some more. On a serious note, good idea.

·
22,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it will take hits in stride from 500 and 475 linebaughs and even fmj 308s nothing ive shot into it so far has even put a dent in it. castaway maybe a magma casting machine under it would work slicker!!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Lloyd, excellent looking trap. I don't have picture's, but a friend of mine built one out of 2 sheets of plywood. 1/2'' thick, he cut them both in half lenght wise, so he had 4 piece's 2' wide by 8' long. Screwed them together, and hinged the top, so he could open it up to collect the bullets. Filled it with sawdust and paper, but I suppose you could use sand if the bottom was supported well enough. Works quite well, and pretty cheap to build. gypsyman

·
22,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cant get over there to mesure it but i believe the from is 32x32 for the opening but if i did it again id probably go wider

1 - 8 of 8 Posts