Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been picturing this for years but finaly got together the parts. It's nothing fancy but it is what I consider the perfect truck gun for Delaware. It's made of a 12ga nickle survivor with a standard choate stock. Nothing fancy but I had a devil of a time finding the nickle survivor. The 22" mod barrel combined with the synthetic stock carries perfectly and handles quick. I can't wait to move out to the farm so I can carry this gun everyday. One of these days I'll figure out how to post a pick.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
YEE HA

Sounds great. I have a similar picture in my "Minds Eye". I want to use the 12ga Tamer stock. I have the 22" 12ga barrel in Mod. choke, and I have the nickle receiver. Got the receiver from riddleofsteel. I need to do a little massaging to get better lockup and head spacing. That will be my "Stopper" for camping and HD. Is the LOP on the Survivor longer or the same as the Tamer? Do you know? I think the Tamer is listed at 13 1/2. Hope to see a pic of your set-up soon.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep it's the same gun but with a standard synthetic stock. I've been looking for a nickel survivor 12ga for a long time. Did you buy that one from gunsamericafrom a dealer in Pa? I think I remember seeing it. I ended up finding mine on gunbroker. I bet the recoil is tough with that survivor stock.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nixter & Markus, hows the recoil on those 12's?

I put my Survivor stock on my Pardner frame just for fun.

It was superlight but I never had the courage to fire it in that configuration.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yes Markus that's the one. Sent the seller an e-mail with an offer and he said yes, quick and easy transaction. I would do business with that seller again.

I've only put 2 3/4" trap loads through it so far but I'll be going up to 3" #4 buck just for giggles. This gun might see use as a close range coyote gun backing up my hunting partner if we ever call in a coyote :roll: It does let you know you pulled the trigger...

Being a single shot I don't see recoil being a big deal. This gun might also see use as a drag through the muck duck gun. I do plan on trying some slugs in it just for my own information.

If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Nixter

Ps. my offer to purchase was quite a bit below his asking price and the seller has an actual storefront in PA if you were inclined to pay him a visit. He also expected to hear me yell when I actually touched this thing off.

·
Registered
465 Posts
cowkiller, thanks for the encouragement. I have to admit, the thought of touching off those 3" #4 buck loads is a bit imposing.

Hope to get to the range later this week.

Nixter

·
Registered
922 Posts
When i had my 12 guage barrel it was a beast to shoot. lol. I shot ONE 3 1/2" turkey mag. through it and that was enough. I had put the youth wood stocks on it. I can't imagine what it would have been like with synthetics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts