Graybeard Outdoors banner

My newest pistol

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Joe_Jeep 
#1 ·
I just brought home a Ruger SR1911. It was at the last local gun show. Somebody else wanted it; but, didn't have the necessary Kalifornia papers to get it on
the first day of the show and on the second day of the show the guy never showed up. These pistols aren't on the Kalifornia roster of approved handguns
because they don't have micro-stamping(nor do any others, either). I told the seller I wanted it and yesterday the 10 day wait was over and I brought
it home. Next step is to take it to the range and see what it will do.

#3 ·
Im not a huge ruger semi auto handgun fan but the 1911 rugers ive shot have all been every bit as nice as my kimbers and springfields. Good bang for the buck as is (I have to admit) the lc9 and lcp.

Reactions: Ex 49er
#6 ·
I had rangemaster duty yesterday and the Ruger got a little warm. It handles real well and digested 2 boxes of ammo.
In the first 2 magazines about 4 rounds went downrange before I was ready. I'm not used to a trigger that is lighter than any I've had before.
Once I figured out the trigger all was well. I was shooting factory 230gr. ammo. There were no hiccups of any kind and I'm looking forward
to more trips to the range with it. The Novak style sights were dead on and easy to see with my old eyes. This .45 is a keeper.

#12 ·
[QUOTE="Ex 49er, post: 2055895588,I told the seller I wanted it, and yesterday the 10 day wait was over, and I brought
it home.
[/QUOTE]

I bought alot of guns this year.
never took more than 5 or 10 mins to b cleared to purchase. 10 days is crazy talk!

gotta love a 1911 though.

#14 ·
[QUOTE="Ex 49er, post: 2055895588,I told the seller I wanted it, and yesterday the 10 day wait was over, and I brought
it home.
never took more than 5 or 10 mins to b cleared to purchase. 10 days is crazy talk!

[/QUOTE]

Commie-fornia has a 10 day waiting(cooling off) period before any firearm can be
taken home: rifle, shotgun or handgun; it doesn't matter. Also have to do a
background check when buying ammo and if you don't have a Real ID, then you
have to show a certified birth certificate or a passport. Our governor has never met
a gun control law he doesn't like and he has no concept of the meaning of "shall not
be infringed"!

#13 ·

Commie-fornia has a 10 day waiting(cooling off) period before any firearm can be
taken home: rifle, shotgun or handgun; it doesn't matter. Also have to do a
background check when buying ammo and if you don't have a Real ID, then you
have to show a certified birth certificate or a passport. Our governor has never met
a gun control law he doesn't like and he has no concept of the meaning of "shall not
be infringed"!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.