Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well wanting another Handi to add to the collection for just varmint hunting, I decided that I want the Ultra Varmint Fluted in either the 22-250 or the .223 Rem. I know I could just order the stock set from Choate and extra barrel from H&R 1871, but I want a seperate Handi all set up to go when I want to use it.

The regular Ultra model does not have the flat beavertail forestock with the extra bi-pod stud, so this one below is what I'm going to get here in the next couple of months now.

·
Premium Member
9,713 Posts
I chose the .22-250 over the .223 because of its better ballistics. I felt the slightly greater cost for quality ammo was worth it. I don't like mil-surp, so the cheaper ammo available for the .223 didn't interest me. I don't shoot it all that much, because I have Handis in other calibers I prefer.

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
I think you will like that stock setup. It is very comfortable and the length of pull is adjustable. As for caliber if you have an AR i'd go with the 223. My barrel has a 1/9 twist and so does the AR. I will be trying one load for both. Less hassle in my opionion

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I have the Ultra Varmint in the 204 Ruger. Great gun. The 22-250 would be good too, but I have that in a rem 700.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Yep...I know the feeling. If I could have made the decision I would have had one for over a year now. Still trying to decide which caliber. So in the meantime I built a 45-120 Ultra Varmit piece by piece. Not as flat shooting as the 204 though. ::)
Surely somebody could turn out some .458 to .338 or .308 sabots. That would be cool.
Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts