Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations to the young man on a fine specimen of a ram! The double d ranch is a lot of fun. I took a corsican ram out there back in September, and I leave tomorrow to go there for a fallow deer hunt on Monday morning. Congrats to you and your son. That ram will make a beautiful trophy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I do live in Ohio, Buckeyehunter2. I live about 25 miles from Stuebenville. I go to the double d ranch several times a year, and I will be going back for fallow deer again in April. Are you having your sons ram mounted?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to have my son's ram mounted by a someone who lives outside of Parkersburg, WV. I live in Marietta, OH. Do you have someone else mount your
trophies or do you leave them at DD Ranch?

·
Registered
28 Posts
One of the guides at the Double D Ranch is a taxidermist; his name is Ray Speakman. He is an excellent taxidermist. I have him mounting my corsican ram, and I just got a boar back from him that I shot there in April. His work is really good.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have heard that Ray does good work. My son wanted to bring his ram home to show it off. I'm planning on taking this ram and my daughter's Mouflon from last year to Eric Dowler at Whitetail Hollow taxidermy. He specializes in deer, but has been a friend of our family for a long time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.