Graybeard Outdoors banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sure wish I had got the .100 thick brass plate, the 1/8" is massive.

I finally got the right blades. Need #7 ordered a #7/0. This jeweler sawing is tough on my arthritic old hands.

He is my first cut, took three blades and 20 minutes. Us left handed learners go slow.

·
Registered
340 Posts
In normal times, you could wander around local garage and estate sales and find an old power scroll-saw to do the bulk of the work. Seems like about one in three around here has one in it.

·
Super Moderator
16,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I am in isolation. When i did get out the only thing I ever saw in yard sales is baby clothes and glass ware.

However in my wallet are left over Lowe's gift cards from past birthdays and fathers day's. Enough so I was able to buy a new scroll saw and a 12 pack of blades for $25. And that included free home delivery.

·
Super Moderator
16,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh boy has this turned into an interesting-learning experience.

My first one is a reject.

But I am learning. Strange I don't like fails, but I have enjoyed try this ad learning. Scroll sawing isn't easy.

I saw this YouTube and it kind of summed up my efforts. Just because you crash, doesn't mean you can't keep on going, and if you are a spectator run for cover.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It would appear the curves are the toughest part; for both the cars and your project!

·
Super Moderator
16,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well blade tpi and speed are pretty important. Holding the work down is important also. That guide is not very strong. Holding it down with my fingers works better, but kills my arthritis. Using fingers only for hold down makes wonder how long it will be before I cut myself. :)

·
7,139 Posts
That scene at 1:53 with the electric pole going down reminds me of the final scene of The Great Race.

Reactions: double d
21 - 31 of 31 Posts