Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
interesting ..but not reloadable....I've never seen any in person or at the range... :?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Interesting, i heard about these last fall. I would try a box of the 55 gr. 223s if i could order them (down with Natchez) How do these cost?

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know a lot of people hate Natchez, but we won't get into that here.
They sale them loaded with different bullets from cheap FMJ's( $3.39)
to Serria BlitzKing ($ 8.19)
I think I will give the cheapo 223 FMJ's a try. I am curious to see how they would perform in a Handi.

·
Registered
38 Posts
do not use in a ar-15 as bottom pulls off is what i was told.... i would try a box but i imagine your in the wolf accuracy dept. let us know the good or bad.

jaw :wink:

·
Super Moderator
51,051 Posts
I've seen lots of the composite cartridges littering the range, jerks just leave it just like the other non-reloadable cases! As if it was gonna bio-degrade or something!!! :evil:

Tim

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quickdtoo said:
I've seen lots of the composite cartridges littering the range, jerks just leave it just like the other non-reloadable cases! As if it was gonna bio-degrade or something!!! :evil:

Tim
Plastic and steel. But brass-no where in sight........

·
Registered
769 Posts
myarmor said:
Plastic and steel. But brass-no where in sight........
The last time I went to a public (Department of Natural Resources) range, some bozo and his little kid shagged our brass right from under our benches while we were pinning up another set of targets. I learned to grab the brass before leaving my shooting station. (I also learned that I really didn't like public shooting ranges)

·
Registered
922 Posts
I wouldn't mind trying a box of each but i have no way of purchasing them considering I'm in TN. Is there any other place that sells them?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thanks. It looks like i'm gonna be trying some new ammo for my 223. I'll prolly buy 1 of each except for the 69gr.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah those 69gr ones will probably fly everywhere. But we might have some luck with the 55's. Keep us informed whenever you try them, I'll do the same.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Will do. It may be awhile before i get a chance to try them. I'm working on another project right now and don't really have time to experiement with new ammo for the 223 right now.

Got a brush gun project goin. :grin: Can't wait till i my 44 back. Having it cut down to 17" and then it's gonna be reamed to 445 supermag. :grin:

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man that will be one killer brushgun indeed. Good luck with your project, I am curious to see how that goes as well.
These are probably the funnest rifles I own, you can tinker yourself to death with them trying stuff. I like that.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Same here i like that as well. And if you mess something up you don't freak out like you would on a $800 ruger or remington.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Exactly. I've sold a couple on ebay and they have been very exciting to watch especially when you watch one jump for $100 to $150 with 45 seconds left on the auction :grin:

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Though not really a Range Report, heres more like an update. I ordered a box of FMJ 55gr Natec ammo, and got to shoot a couple today. My range again being 120 yards.
First shot, didn't see a whole in the paper. Curious, as my 223 Ultra is sighted in for 1 to 1 1/2 high with most 55gr bullets. So I took another shot...nothing.
I was begining to think that something might possibily be wrong with my rig. So I loaded up a few 55gr WWB FMJ's. Shot 3 in succesion. Got 2 shots off under a quarter inch, with my little flyer opening it up to a 3/4" group. So I fired again, but this time at the bottom target. took 2 more shots at the bottom....needless to say I found where my shots went.
10" HIGH!!! :eek: And about 2" apart. Crazy. From being sighted with WWB 45grJHP at 2" to 2"1/4 high, then shooting WWB 55gr FMJ's at 1- 1 1/2, then these hitting at 10 inches high????Weird. I want to try again next time and see if they can group.
Though I don't have high expectations for this ammo so far.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BUMP.
Just wondering what you guys might believe the reason for a 10 inch climb from my regular zero?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts