Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of you folks shoot the 7X30 Waters. Do any of you neck size these cases. Is it worth the cost of a neck sizing die?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Oldman,
As long as you don't use excessive pressure in your loads you can easily get away with neck sizing. You will have to use a neck size die because there isn't enough taper in the body of the case to do it with the full length die (partial sizing).

PaulS

·
Administrator
26,211 Posts
Haven't used anything else since fire forming for many years. Never had a problem with it yet.

GB

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'll echo what GB said. If using 30-30 brass I necksize after fireforming,If I am using Federal 7-30 brass then I full length size the first time and neck size after that. Never had a problem. Hornady makes a 7mm short neck sizing die that is not cartridge specific,but caliber. Therefore,it works for several different cartridges,just adjust the height. Got mine from Graf and Sons.. :grin:

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Neck sizing 7-30

I bought the Horanday die and it does not work on resized 30-30 brass. It barely works on 7-30 brass. Some bullets wil just drop into the case. I am going to get a custom Lee collet die.

MnMike :x

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Sounds like you get a defect..Mine works great...send it back and explain the problem. I love the Lee collet die for the 6.5 Swede and it should work great on the 7-30 also... :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts