Graybeard Outdoors banner

Need a pistol for club shoots and vous' competition

839 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  peter nap 
#1 ·
I think I will give up on getting a Thompson Center Patriot. I am either too late or not enough $$.

So anyone have an idea as to a good replica pistol for vous' competitions ?

I was going to take a look at the Traditions Trapper, but am hearing negative response to that thought. How about Pedersoli ? Specifically, doese anybody have opinions about the Charles Moore target percussion pistol ?

Thank you and look forward to hearing from all.

Thal

#2 ·
Need a pistol for club shoots and vous' com

Thal- I think lots of Traditions stuff is pretty much junk, I think they're into
mass marketing really cheap stuff, as far as Pedersoli goes I believe just about everything they make it at least solid quality and some of their stuff is beautiful, and like all the Italians they build to certain price points depending on who they're building stuff for. On occaison they may have some soft parts in a lock etc, but I don't think you could go wrong buying one, thier stuff is always well represented at international target shoots in Europe.
Regards fredj

#3 ·
TRAPPER PISTOL

HEY THAL! THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I'VE TRIED TO POST THIS MESSAGE :evil: SOOO- DON'T GIVE UP ON THE TRAPPER PISTOL IDEA. FOR LESS THA $200 YOU CAN HAVE A SHOOTER . i USE THE .50 WITH 23GR 3F GOEX BP WITH A .490 RB AND .015 PATCH AND EITHER BORE BUTTER OR MOOSE MILK AS LUBE. MY SIGHTS ARE NOT FACTORY. i USE THE HEX FIBER OPTIC GREEN FRONT RIFLE BLADE AND A CVA ADJUSTABLE HUNTER RIFLE REAR SIGHT. HECK,THE PISTOL BARREL IS A CUT OFF RIFLE 1:20 TWIST ANY WAY, SO USE RIFLE SIGHTS. NEXT, YOU HAVE TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH THE GRIP SO THAT IT IS CONSISTANT AND YOUR TRIGGER HITS THE CENTER OF YOUR FINGER PAD AT THE SWIRL. IF IT DOESEN'T, DON'T BE AFRAID TO SAND, GRIND, ANDREFINISH THE GRIP AFTER{BURNT UMBER IS A GOOD OIL BASE PAINT TO MATCH THE FACTORY COLOR} YOU GET IT TO BE A CONSISITANT GRIP. I EVEV DRILLED SHALLOW HOLES WHERE MY FINGER TIPS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FOR A CONSISTANT GRIP. WHAT'S REALLY FUN IS TO BEAT THE GUYS WHO SHOW UP AT A MATCH SHOOTING $800+ CUSTOM IN-LINE TARGET PISTOLS. :-D GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU AT FRIENSHIP, IND SPRING CHAMPIONSHIPS IN JUNE. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.