Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need some help i bought a used remington model 710 270at a pawn shop when i got the gun home i did not realize they were lokt tighted in i started to tighten them rather then take them out then retightened and 2 0f the snapped what should i do? i got the other 2 screws out pretty easy they guy said he woyuld get it reparied for me is this a simple job? can a smith make me 2 screws to math the factory screws that came with the base and gun? or should i get all new base screws if he can get them out or will 2 screws hold the base tight enough to shoot the 270? i have never used any adhesives when mounting a scope and have never had one shoot loose i do a fair amount of shooting also once again thanks

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Gunsmithing

Howie,

My suggestion would be to find a Gunsmith in your area and let him remove the broken screws. He will have a hand full of screws. Main thing Howie is don't Panic Its no Biggie, Sorry you have a break Down but this will give you a chance to get your Bow out and put it to work. Hope you get fixed soon............Joe..........

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
i have never used any adhesives when mounting a scope and have never had one shoot loose i do a fair amount of shooting also once again thanks
I won't put a scope on any gun without Loctite. I don't need the trouble of having a gun loose zero because a screw rattled loose. Any good smith will have replacement screws, and they aren't that hard to get out. I have snapped a few over the years. Good luck.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

thanks guys i went and bought a different gun OSo-45-70 ive been shootuing the bow every day been pig hunting alot killed 8 pigs this week on 5 diffent ranches got some really good places now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts