Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GDAY FRIENDS ...I HAVE BEEN RESTORING AN EARLY MODEL 1881 MARLIN IN 45- 70 . ITS IN REALLY GREAT CONDITION .... I HAVE EVERYTHING READY TO PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER ..ITS ALL BLUED AND THE WOODS REFINISHED ...BUT THE HAMMER SPRING IS BROKE AND I CANT FIND ONE FOR SALE ANYWHERE ... CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE AS TO WHERE I CAN FIND ONE .. OR SOME ONE WHO MAKES THEM ... ITS A LEAF TYPE .. ABOUT 4" LONG ..... PLEASE HELP .................THANKYOU KINDLY ...DAVEY

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANX RANGR44 ...... But BOBS says he doesnt carry them and doesnt know where to get one .... Does anybody have any suggestions ... I have been looking for six months and dont know where to turn to .... Is this the sort of thing my local gunsmith can make ... ??
regards ...davey

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Most qualified smiths can make a simple leaf spring.. Have you tried looking at Wisners? They have a whale of a lot of marlin parts(knowledge too!!).. See the link below..

http://www.wisnersinc.com/

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GUNNUT ....... Thankyou kindly , they do have one in stock and what a great reference source ....they have a great links page so i can find anything i will ever need for my early model firearms ...........Thanx again !! .......... davey .......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts