Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my Marlin 1894S .44 mag not properly ejecting casings. Someone suggested that maybe I was not being vigorous enough with the action. I thought that was possibly it as well. However, the gun's performance this weekend proved otherwise. Below are the symptoms. If you have any ideas on the problem, please let me know. Thanks for the help.

1. Sometimes ejects .44 mag casings/unfired rounds perfectly.
2. Sometimes does not fully pull .44 mag casings/unfired rounds from the chamber.
3. Sometimes pulls .44 mag casings/unfired rounds from the chamber and "lets them go" without ejecting them.

4. Seems to function flawlessly with .44 SPECIAL[/color]

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just a shot in the dark here, but has the weapon ever been worked on? sounds like the extractor claw may not be fitting up. Someone may have put on the wrong one? Or it could be that its just weak? But it does sound like an extractor problem. How does it do on fired rounds? any problems pulling fired casings out?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would call Marlin Gun Service and talk to them. I agree it sounds like an extractor issue. They may even send one out to you. Marlins # is 1-800-544-8892 they are great people to deal with, I'd give them a call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts