Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/color]HOWDY ! JUST GOT THE N.R.A. GUN OF THE YEAR ( S&W 460 MAG AND A L L ! ) PROBABLY LET IT SET . . . HAVE A REDHAWK IN ROUTE IN 454 AND NEED AMMO PRICED REASONABLE ! ALSO COULD USE EMPTY HULLS IF ANYONE HAS SOME .
THANK YOU,
dscp

·
Administrator
26,165 Posts
I don't think there is any bargain basement prices on .454 Casull ammo. Check with GBO Sponsor Ron Reed of Reed Ammo and see if he offers it. His prices are as reasonable as anyone's on what he sells. I can't stay up on all of his offerings but he is a good source at fair prices for the items he supplies and I'm fairly sure he can provide what you seek.

Of the major brands I think Magtech is generally the cheapest in price but from what I've read is of good quality. From there it all seems to go up in price. I've used Hornady, Winchester, COR-BON and Buffalo Bore and it's all good but none is cheap.

·
23,089 Posts
a guy could never afford to buy enough 454 ammo to begin to get competant with one. RELOAD! for the price of a couple boxes of 454s you could be rolling your own.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Definitely reload.

Magtech is good stuff for pretty low price. You can find hornady for just a couple bucks more... and also some winchester stuff sometimes cheap.

There's always hot .45 colt loads to warm you up a little bit.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I must agree w/ the others Reloading is the way to go here...If you shoot quite a bit..Me I'm a bit obsessive so it was the only way to go - Kevin

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Did somebody mention RELOADING?!! :D Even with the price of lead and other reloading components going thru the roof it still beats the price of ready made ammo AND, I say AND, you can make up loads that YOU LIKE rather than having to settle for what somebody else if offering. That's a big draw for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts