Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a trailblazer. It's got the two antena's on the roof (one of XM-radio, other for on-star). He doesn't have or use either. That being said, every time you open the door and get into the vehicle a woman's voice comes over the speakers and says, "Phone Unavailable".

It would be awesome if somebody could let me know how to turn that off for him. He's mostly used to it but it still drives him nutts every now and then. I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
312 Posts
No - you cannot pull the fuse.

The OBC - On Board Computer monitors all systems and will then tell you that you have a problem and will have to take it to a Authorized service center.

If you read the book, you will see something about programming the OBC from the radio controls.

OR

You can take it to any GM service center and they can do it for you.

The ONSTAR was discontinued a few months ago - from what I was told. There is a Upgrade - I think it costs $15 to convert it to Digital - instead of Analog. What the ONSTAR people are trying to do is to get you to complain and get it upgraded and turned back on. DARN COMPUTERS!

If the old system was still active, you could have called them and had it turned off. But I bet they would have charged you for it. Now - Unless you complain or do it yourself, you will be stuck hearing that the rest of your life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts