Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone recall who posted the ad in the H&R classifieds, for the 30-223 that started its' life as a 300 blackout? The ad went up and came down within the last 30 days. I have been crazy busy with a funeral and work and missed out. The ad was deleted. I am trying to find out who posted it, in hopes that it may still be available (fingers tightly crossed). Any leads would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Hosscat

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Re: Need help with poor memory, PLEASE!

I remember the talk about it, but not the FS ad...

Its not a big deal to create, if you have a 300 your willing to sacrifice. ::)

Mine, both of mine, shoot far to well to even make the rim cut because I don't want to alter ANYTHING from such a shooter... Just changing the scopes gave me agita... :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

I changed the scope on my MVP last week cause I wanted more power than the 6X max... only thing is this rifle honestly shot 1/4" 5 shot groups!! The new scope is much nicer (power wise) but ya know in two trips, (everything else) best I have shot was 1/2" 100 yard groups and no longer one hole. :( BUT that 6X scope now resides on my H&R 300 and its shooting better than EVER! ;)

Here is a couple links to the FL 223 case necked to 300 for ya.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/thompson-center-handguns-sponsored-by-ed's-tcs/300-whisper-30223-loads/msg82310/#msg82310

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/thompson-center-handguns-sponsored-by-ed's-tcs/anyone-hear-of-a-30223/msg30222/#msg30222

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/hand-loading-for-rifles-and-handguns-sponsored-by-diamond-k-brass/here's-an-interesting-read-for-whisper-re-loaders/msg12035/#msg12035

CW

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts

outsidebear said:
CW - what scopes are you using on your AAC 300 Blk's?
I'm beginning to search for a small size scope for the AAC carbine, curious to what you use.
Not trying to steal this thread, k'.
thank you
I wanted a slim trim and light scope for the H&R... I mean its such a short light rifle, why ruin it with a weighty optic.

I used a 2 3/4 Leupold. Good not enough power...

1x4 Leupold. Better but still not enough for me.

Went back wards and tried a red dot. Poor accuracy because of visability.

Then a 2.5x7 Weaver VR7. That scope failed on me and was returned to Weaver for repair.

I then mounted a 1.5x6x44 Tasco EURO Class scope. its a larger scope, but its optics are superb.

My Ruger RARR wears a Nikon 2x7 300P scope made for the 300 blk cartridge. I like it accept the turrets do not lock. So you need to watch them for moving.

CW

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts

outsidebear said:
CW - thanks for the reply.
I'm leaning towards the Weaver Super Slam 1-5x24m. I'm favoring the 5" eye relief, that way should be able to use the existing XS peep sight,
depending on mounts? ??? Shots won't be long range, figure the duplex will work and allow a finer sight picture.

Most of the time I sight in at 100 yards using the bottom of the top thick post (where it meets the thing vertical crosshair) as point of aim.
Then figure where the center crosshairs place the bullet at longer range; then where the thin crosshair meets the thick bottom post.
Gives a different way to use what the scope can offer, instead of half of it.
Thats a oood scope, I am sure it will serve you well!

That works well for some! I use it on my 22 magnums as well as long as the dimentions work for me. Meaning the bullets POI works with the loading the rifle likes. :)

I doubt you will get the scope low enough to see both, but QD rings will do same for you. I have been using QD rings for UTG.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UTG-Quick-D...689545?hash=item3f3137f189:g:XXEAAOxy69JTCL3P

They are very well made and just fine for most calibers and a quarter the cost of the next best. Give them a try if you like the idea of removing.

Good luck,
CW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts