Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grew up with hounds . was out at a public hunting area the other day and heard a pair of beagles running I just sat down and listened to them run kind of got bit by the rabbit dog bug so I went looking this is C.J. He runs and has a lot of heart all he needs is some field time .and I'm fixin' to fix that
Roy

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Roy,

You are the Man! CJ is a nice looking Beagle. I hope he will bring you many hours of enjoyment. My three girls have too me. It's getting to were I would rather go rabbit hunting with them, than go deer hunting. This evening I will post photos of my Pardner acc.

Enjoy!

Froghunter

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Now that's what I call accessorizing ;D. Way to go Roy. Good Luck with the training. CJ looks rarin' to go.

cookie

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Now you just need the ultimate accessory, a couple hundred acres of fields with some nice hedge rows for him to run in. Enjoy that beagle. He does look ready.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
I can almost hear him saying " Come on Roy, get your gun lets go hunting rabbits!" Good luck to you and your new hunting partner.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This thread makes me happy ;D. I grew up with beagles and basset hounds as well. There is nothing like the sound of beagles or a basset hound running rabbits.

My best dog was half basset, half beagle. I sure miss that dog.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Guys,

Her are photos of my beagles. The first picture is of Molly and Hazel after a morning of rabbit hunting. This is their second year of hunting. Please don't fun me, because the wife babies them by allowing them to snooze on the couch.

The next photo is of Gringer which is a new beagle with the family. She was picked up from a shelter. I'm working with her, but we will see.

Take Care and Good Hunting!

Froghunter

·
Registered
124 Posts
I also was raised with beagles as a kid. So I had to start to breed them as a adult and give them to kids that needed a puppy that would love them as much as the puppy would love them . I have never sold a beagle , there a kids best friend , this year I gave away 19 pups local to kids in need ...............John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts