Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen these these yet? I was at the local Waly World and spotted an Axis .223 in the rack and the hang tag said it has a 1/7 twist. I spoke with the clerk who got out the box and the paper work in the box also stated 1/7.

Not sure this is a good thing, if they are dropping the 1/9 altogether in the Axis .223. Been my experience that the faster twist still handle lighter bullets but just not quite as accurately. I really like the 55 gr projectiles in mine for coyote huntin!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just went to the Savage web site and it lists the Axis in .223 with a 1 in 9 twist. The Axis Heavy Barrel has an n/a listed for the twist rate. I have an Axis in .223 I purchased this spring. 1 in 9 twist. I also like bullets in the 50 to 55 grain range. Sweet shooter.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magilla26 said:
I just went to the Savage web site and it lists the Axis in .223 with a 1 in 9 twist. The Axis Heavy Barrel has an n/a listed for the twist rate. I have an Axis in .223 I purchased this spring. 1 in 9 twist. I also like bullets in the 50 to 55 grain range. Sweet shooter.
Yeah, I've seen that, and my two year old Axis/Edge has the 1/9. But there appear to be some changes now. :-\

1 - 4 of 4 Posts