Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ever had a new barrel installed? I have a 4 5/8" and want a 6" or 6 1/2".Who do I send it to ,how much will it cost,what do I need to know and do? Thanks.BTW IT'S A 45 BH SS IF THAT MATTERS. :oops:

·
Registered
757 Posts
You may have a problem. Ruger holds their primary parts to them selves. I tried to get a hunter barrel for my SBH. No way they would sell to me or a smith. They had my gun to repair for a turned barrel and would not change out the barrel as a custom project where I pay. Find another gun, exchange the parts or what ever. My SBH returned in fine condition, and I think I will send it to Mag-Port.
Jim

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I bought a used Super Blackhawk that has an aftermarket barrel. I was told it is a wilson barrel but I don't have any way of really confirming that. It is a great shooter though. KN

·
Registered
355 Posts
NEW BARREL

I sent my SBH in and had it magnaported, didn't like it, so sent it in (not to Ruger), had a 6 in. barrel put on, didn't like it, so went back to the magnaported one, Now I have a 6 in custon barrel (44. mag) that I don't know what to do with. It cost so much to have it made and put on, I'll never get my money back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts