Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed load development for my new CZ. It shoots less than 0.5MOA. I'm very happy with this new acquisition. Anyone else out there have a CZ527 story? Any problems?

McL

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I just bought a little 527 carbine in 7.62x39 I have been rewarded with two groups this week that have measured 0.90" at 100 yds. This group was using the start load for RE7 with 150 sierra .311 SP bullets @1825 f.p.s.

Now when I got this rifle I couldn't do much better than 3' @100yds. But after rebedding the stock This rifle has really shined.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Great little gun! I love mine, it is a .223. I was originally impressed by the finish on these guns, compared to other makes in the same price range. The stock work and level of polish is way above anything from a U.S. factory at these prices. And they do shoot! I haven't shot anything but factory loads in mine yet. It shoots right around 3/4 inch at 100 yards for 5 shots with Winchester 45 grain hollow points. I will have to work up some heavier bullet loads, as 55 grain softpoint groups are almost double that and print 3-4 inches higher to boot. This is the American model, and I'm pretty darned happy with that level of accuracy from a 6-1/2 lb gun.
The only "problem" I have had is the cost of extra magazines. :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
I recently bought a CZ527 in 221 fireball also. 40 gr Vmax's and 40 gr Barnes Varminators on top of LilGun give outstanding velocities and group very well for a light rifle mine consistently groups under 3/4" with the majority going in under .5". Great little rifle for the money. Very nice wood, good trigger.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Ah but the Fireball is the answer for the fellah that wants to shoot some pasture griz in a fairly settled neighborhood. Not much noisier than a Hornet it don't scare the women folks very much. The cartridge is easy to load , the shoulders don't collapse, and the brass lasts for more than a couple of reloads. If the makers had been smart all those Hornets that made up the revival a few years back, would have been Firballs and the guys who bought 'em would be a lot happier. :grin:

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pasture Griz and the .221 Fireball

On my first hunt for chucks( Pasture griz) with my .221 last week I shot several, one at 195 yards with a good stiff cross wind, one at 145 and 120 yards. I'm using a mild load but those 40 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips sure do a good job. My .221 will be my gun of choice for the remainder of the summer!!

Good hunting

McL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts