Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new encore 308. I took it out this past week to site it in. I was using Remington 150 grain Ammo. The first shot was a misfire. I had 3 misfires out of a box. Encores first question was , Was I using a Hammer exstention? I was using one. I took it off and changed to high Scope mounts. I will be going back to shoot again this week. I hope this cures the problem. I will have to put several boxes through it now to get confidence that this wont happen again. I hate to be sitting in the Deer stand wondering if my Rifle is gonna fire. Anyone have any input on this?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Have you de-greased that new action? If the Encore is anything like the Contender, the action parts should be fired dry, without any oil on them. Packing oil (and the attracted crud) can contribute to missfires by interfering with the action interlock parts.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I started out with a T/C hammer extension on my Encore and had quite a few misfire (approximately 1 in 6 didn't go bang) so I called T/C and they suggested I remove the hammer extension!

I removed it and, "knock-on-wood", I haven't had a misfire since!

I just don't understand why T/C sells hammer extensions for the Encore, when they don't recommend using them! Makes no sense to me!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I shot 40 rounds through mine today without the Hammer exstention and had no misfires. I hope that is the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.