Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say congrats on a great site!

I just purchased a used FA 83 .454. Field Grade. It looks like it was shot very little. No cylinder "ring" showing wear and no scratches anywhere on the frame.

It came with a Mag-na-brake, a Nikon 2-6X32 mounted on a T'SOB and numbered cylinders. I paid $1100 for it which I though was a steal.

I took it to a friend's farm to try it out and all I can say is...WOW!!

The gun has great potential. I can shoot it better than any gun I've owned in the past. Even with me flinching, not so much from the recoil, but from the blast and concussion. I think once I overcome this the gun will shoot much tighter. By the way, I was getting 2.5" groups at 50 yards.

I live in Texas and can't wait to try it on some hogs.

Happy Hunting!

Flattop :D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hello and welcome congrats on your new toy and this makes me want one
even more

·
Registered
688 Posts
Flattop;

Welcome and congrats on the new handgun. Yeah all we can say is WOW also when we shoot them. Sounds like you really got a good one and a good price.
Keep us posted. :wink:

Dennis :D

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Freedom Arms Handguns

Flattop,

Congratulations on your purchase of a mod.83 FA, Sounds like you made a great buy. Welcome to GBOs forum on Freedom Arms. Hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine..........Joe.........

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
That sounds a lot like the 7.5" FA 83 field grade 454 I own. 'Cept mine is topped with a Leupold 2X scope. Yep, you'll for sure get better with it when you get used to the muzzle blast and recoil! I do hope you are a reloader 'cuz commercial ammo for them guns is a tad on the stiff side. Mine launches a 345 gr. cast WLN gas checked bullet but its been so long since it was chronographed I've forgotten the velocity. Maybe that'd be a good project for my next trip to the range. Enjoy the snot outta that gun fer 'cuz it is a good one.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the club.
I shot an 83/.454 and was pleasantly suprised how well it handled.
My F/A is just a tiny little 97/.357, but it's a sweet little shooter!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Boy -O- boy are you gonna love that revolver!

Welcome to what I call a Freedom Arms addiction.

Once it hit's it makes all your other handguns jealous!

Its not a bad thing so just go with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts