Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked my new G2 from a local dealer yesterday. Had an older Contender frame that was discussed earlier here that had started to open when firing. Turned out the frame was from 1968 and was worn to the point of the lug area being rounded. TC deemed it to be "un repairable and un safe". They replaced it with a BRAND NEW G2!! What a great company! I am really impressed with the fit and finish of the new G2. Mounted the .44 Mag barrel on it and we shall see!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
glad they did you right!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
It really something to see a lifetime guarantee fullfilled! I know I'd sure be tickled in your place. Enjoy the new Contender!! 8)

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Yep, a lot of folks gripe about TC customer service when anything far more minor doesn't go exactly as they want in their time frame. But TC does and always has stood behind their products, even after the S&W take over and during the move.

Too bad they couldn't replace it with a Contender EO frame though. ;)

Of interest maybe... the last version of the Contender EO frames (c. 1997-99) included a spot welded in block on the lower breech face just for extreme barrel bolt wear cases like your old frame. Wears out, simply replace the block.

L.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.