Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for sometime now and learning alot about these things. Have had this mortar for about 6 years, I bought it at a gun show for $5.00 Would like to finish it up and shoot it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has been milled out to 2 5/8" I think I might line it. As the turning is a little off center. But that is only on the inside measures the same all around for wall thickness. While I am new to this site I have shot some cannons as a Union Cavalry reenact-or. Yes we captured guns and turned them on the Rebels. We where trained in proper artillery safety by the Mich Battery guys.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
misfire, welcome to the forum, that's a good looking mortar!!!.........Hey, i'll give your $5.00 back for that mortar, darn sure don't want ya turning it on me ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
misfire -

WELCOME to the board!

The mortar is obviously defective. Send it to me (post paid) and I'll personally ensure it's disposed of properly! No charge.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Very nice. It looks alot like my Grenade Mortar. I have shot tennis balls out of mine. Lots of fun.
I tell you what I'll double your money and Pay for shipping.

Andy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The more I look at I think Double D is right, it is bronze. I have bad lighting in my rec room. As for disposal I will just put it on the shelf. NOT ;D

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yes it is brass. Any idea as to model?It appears to be modeled after a "Spanish 16" Pedero (1788). This mortar fired baskets of stones." Source: [Artillery Through the Ages] The originals were about 2 1/2 feet in length. This is the closest comparison I found so far. It could possibly be something else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts