Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, looking for an Encore 209x50 barrel with the thread in breech plug, not a speed breech. New Hampshire made. Want original sights, no rust or damage. Please let me know what you have and thank you

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Wranglerdoug has had one for sale here for 5 days...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did see that, but it appears to be an endevour barrel, not really what I am looking for. Looks like a quick breech plug

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have one your looking for and it is very accurate with pyrodex or white hots or bh209. Have to clean after every shot because you won’t load it again. It’s not for sale though. Just wanted to brag about accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great news on the first part, not so much on the second :cry:

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I did see that, but it appears to be an endevour barrel, not really what I am looking for. Looks like a quick breech plug
His pics aren’t very good as I can’t tell. Send him a pm and ask. He’s a straight forward guy... I also like the standard breech plug and the barrel I had was a great shooter with mmp sabots.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
How about a
THOMPSON CENTER ENCORE KATAHDIN 20” 209x50 blued or stainless. Made in NH . both in very good condition .

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Much appreciated but I prefer the 26" barrel and thread in breech plug

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
The Katahdin has the threaded in breech plug and I have found shot better than the 26" barrels with the correct loads .

Thanks for your reply .

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
The Katahdin has the threaded in breech plug and I have found shot better than the 26" barrels with the correct loads .

Thanks for your reply .
Same here but just sold mine at a garage sale since I no longer BP hunt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts