Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A store in my area is selling new M94 Trappers (16" barrel) in .357, 44, 45 Colt & 30-30 for $220.00. Was thinking of a .357. Ammo is cheap and plentiful and I do not intend to hunt with it.

Does anyone have any experience/opinions in general on a .357 lever action in terms of accuracy, general shooting, recoil, etc?

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Question?

Is the trapper an angle eject model? Can it be scope mounted? Never used one is .357 mag, although I am told they are quite accurate to 100 yds. markc

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I've had a Marlin in .357 Magnum for years and enjoy it as a plinker, and have used it turkey hunting. My gun is quite accurate with heavier bullets. I bought some copper plated 180 grain truncated cone bullets that really shoot well. I wish I could find some more. I was given a .44 Magnum Trapper and it was not very accurate, though I did bag a deer with it. I could not get the hang of the crossbolt safety, so I gave it to my younger daughter.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know what you mean about that safety. My favorite Uncle's last words: "Be careful with that thing. The safety's OFF!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts