Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any thoughts on the new model blackhawk
been looking at one and its caught my eye.
besides it would be my first single action too!

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
I think it is a very good single action. I have had one for several years and not a problem. :D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Personally feel that the Annv. Flattop and New Vaquero are even neater, simply can handload the .45 to hyper levels, which for most use is not a problem. Actions and handling are light years ahead of standard Blackhawk.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
WHOA NELLIE!! I thought the new Vaquero was on a lighter frame and could not take the loads of the older, heavier framed Vaq. Have I been misinformed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
the new vaq and 50th are smaller than the "new model blackhawk" and original vaq. They are supposed to be only as strong as a SAA.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Been a SBH fan since befor the New Model. I think that the Ruger SBH is probibly the best buy on the market for the money, if your looking for a hunting handgun without a scope, I don`t like scopes on them. If you have to have a scope, get a SRH, they come with the mounts and rings.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a Super Blackhawk, .44 mag, 7 1/2" barrel, stainless. It's a great gun. Can handle almost any ammo. Very accurate. I hunt with it and it does the job within reasonable distances.

I think they are primo! :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts