Graybeard Outdoors banner

New model Kimber 1911

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  glockmeister 
#1 ·
A few weeks back I found a new model Kimber 1911 sitting at a local dealer (Euro Optics) It is the Aegis Elite Pro in .45acp. It is all stainless, with a "Kim Pro Grey" finished slide, rounded butt, Commander length, factory milled for an optics mount, tall co-witness sights, and a factory mounted Vortex Venom Holographic sight, and no firing pin safety (Series 70 style).

Even though I have more 1911's than I really need, it just called to me both looks wise, and how it felt in my hand. And, if you have less than perfect vision, and have not tried a handgun with a red dot, you don't know what you are missing.

Spent some quality time with it a couple days ago at the range, and the way I could get fist size groups at 50 yards from a rest really brought a smile to my face. Great trigger pull, though I didn't measure it, and total reliability with about 125 rounds of mixed ammo. I think its a keeper, and has only reinforced my thoughts about equipping more of my hunting / range handguns with red dots.

Larry

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice looking package - and all set to go right out of the box!

I know what you mean about open sights. It must be a characteristic of the modern steels they use now that makes open sights look all fuzzy, and totally disappear in the woods on a dark day!

#3 ·
I like that. I don't see a lot of use for a dot sight on a belly gun. A set of trigicon sights would be all id want on it. but the gun itself is real sharp. I wont argue that my tired eyes do better at 25 yards with a red dot but at 10 it hardly matters. Sure would make a slick gun for bumming around the woods though.

#4 ·
Nice looking shooter, Bigeasy. Yes it would be nice fro a woods loafing shooter, but with out the holographic sight would be a great ''city loafing'' gun, just in case of a SHTF moment. Keep us in the loop on the Kimber and yes we all know about those certain gun speaking to us. We all have at least one of those. Take care, John.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.