Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
51,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mueller Optics has made an upgraded version of the very popular APV, but with a Fast Focus eyepiece, and refined low profile Target Knob windage and elevation adjustments, it's being sold by E Arthur Brown Co as the Brown 97D, you can read about it at the Eabco website. ;)

Tim

http://www.eabco.com/97DRiflescope01.html

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
OK
Tim what do you think? seems like a low price. I am thinking about one for a 25-06 ultra or 204 ruger.
I know nothing of Mueller or Brown ???

·
Super Moderator
51,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read the Mueller reviews in the Optics forum, I have 6 Muellers if that tells ya anything. ;)

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
from what you have seen so far is the Brown an improvement? I have heard nothing bad about Mueller.
Sounds really good Fully coated optics and all, $139.00 with shipping makes it real enticing.
doen't say how long this deal will last :-\

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
This scope improves the only thing I didn't like on my two APV's.The adjustment knobs.Great glass and very good scope.I've heard it's not good on a heavy recoil caliber.Other than that it just can't be beat for the money.Slow

·
Super Moderator
51,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As stated on the Mueller website, the APV isn't rated for heavy magnum rifles, but the Brown 97D is chambered in 375 Winchester and 30-40 Improved, you'd have to check with Rich or Eben to see if they're included for use with the new scope.

Tim

http://www.eabco.com/bfchamb.html

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
;D OK
I have ordered one ::)
when it arrives i will get back with you on what rings to use.
i do not plan on owning another Magnum, in this life time.
Plan on putting it on my 25-06 a 204 ruger if i can get one bought, trying to get in touch with JOSH now.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT
REX

·
Registered
124 Posts
Tempting. I picked up my .280 yesterday and want to get it set up. I really want to put a Mueller Tac II on this one but the price of the 97D is mighty attractive. I e-mailed EABrown to see if this scope is up to lots of pounding on an H&R .280.

·
Super Moderator
51,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, it'll only work on a 97D, it'll probably burst into flames if you mount it on an H&R!!! :eek: ;D

Seriously, it should work fine, I've read of the APV being used on a 308 Winchester just fine.

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
;D
I have managed a deal with Josh for the 204 with BBL, i have ordered the Brown scope.
Now i have another prob. do i take the Nikon 3x9 BDC off my 280 Handi and put it on the 204, or my 25-06 Ultra, or put the Brown on the 204, or put the Brown 4x12 on the 25-06 Ultra
:-\ I don't understad how i get myself in to these quandries ::)
looks like i need more Handi's or moe scopes, or both ;)

·
Super Moderator
51,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
;D Whata predicament!! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts