Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
More proofs that the Bible is accurate in it's historical record. Ice cores from Mt Kilamanjaro testify to the drought which Joseph predicted for Egypt. in his time.

That proof pointed to 3,600 years ago.. On a time scale, that was just before Moses led the exodus out ! https://historicalpost.com/science/earth-science/scientists-kilimanjaro-confirmed-bible-story/6/

Cores lifted from the Greenland ice sheet, outline the Noahic flood.. https://www.kjvbible.org/greenland_ice_sheet.html

Both of course, back up the natural course of thought, that the climate has been in a state of flux, ever since the creation event !

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
God in His infinite wisdom created the earth in 7 days and man in his finite wisdom hasn't been able to figure it all out since......makes sense to me!

·
23,845 Posts
Well, the Bible, when taken in a literal sense, and using it in the chronological order in which it is written.
The earth is about 7500 years old, give or take a hundred years or so.
So, when I look at scientific evidence of millions of years of climate change, and fossil carbon dating, I naturally roll my eyes, and move on to the next science fiction article.

·
Super Moderator
10,853 Posts
The earth is about 7500 years old, give or take a hundred years or so.
So, when I look at scientific evidence of millions of years of climate change, and fossil carbon dating, I naturally roll my eyes, and move on to the next science fiction article.
WHAT? Say that again!

Say it ain't so or that I missed the SARCASM flag on the field. Is it possible that you ACTUALLY believe that? I would be crushed...

One cannot look at the Infinity of the Universe, ignore human exploration and scientific evidence, or attempt to justify that timeline on its creation and that of Earth.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
When God made it, he could make it look any age he wants. There is no science than can prove or disprove his creation.

Rosewood

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Well said Rosewood.
When we know Him personally we can't deny His existence or how He works in our lives daily, that denial would be for those who only know a little about Him, an outward form of godliness.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
WHAT? Say that again!

Say it ain't so or that I missed the SARCASM flag on the field. Is it possible that you ACTUALLY believe that? I would be crushed...

One cannot look at the Infinity of the Universe, ignore human exploration and scientific evidence, or attempt to justify that timeline on its creation and that of Earth.
You missed nothing. That is what a lot believe. Not me... When you disagree with those that believe this. You are put on Santa’s naughty list...

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
The world is 10,000 years old. Prove it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
That is the thing, you can neither prove or disprove. You can only shoe evidence that supports either hypothesis. We have to rely on faith.
Disproving is easy, all you have to look at is the fossil record, there are a whole bunch of things that date back well before 10k years. Now, convincing someone with blinders on, that is the impossible part.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
What most do not understand is what we read in the first chapter of Genesis is a recreation not the original creation, the earth is millions of years old, the earth was put in utter destruction with the rebellion of Satan and his third of the angles when he went to heaven and tried to kick God off his throne. you can read that in Isaiah and Ezekiel. Revaluation 12 tells us about the war in heaven also and how Satan was cast back to earth., Satan is the g,od of this world the, bible tells us that Christ said he was the god of this world that is why he was able to offer everything to Christ at his trial, all Christ would have had to do was worship Satan and it would have been his, Christ would have not had to die but we would have had no savior either. Modern man has only been on the earth around 7 thousand years. This is the reason that there is a problem in how old the earth is because people do not understand that Genesis is a recreation not the first creation. King David wrote in the Psalms that you renewed the face of the earth.

Deaconllb

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
What most do not understand is what we read in the first chapter of Genesis is a recreation not the original creation, the earth is millions of years old, the earth was put in utter destruction with the rebellion of Satan and his third of the angles when he went to heaven and tried to kick God off his throne. you can read that in Isaiah and Ezekiel. Revaluation 12 tells us about the war in heaven also and how Satan was cast back to earth., Satan is the g,od of this world the, bible tells us that Christ said he was the god of this world that is why he was able to offer everything to Christ at his trial, all Christ would have had to do was worship Satan and it would have been his, Christ would have not had to die but we would have had no savior either. Modern man has only been on the earth around 7 thousand years. This is the reason that there is a problem in how old the earth is because people do not understand that Genesis is a recreation not the first creation. King David wrote in the Psalms that you renewed the face of the earth.

Deaconllb
Holy smokes Deacon! I am 62 years young and had never heard that rendition of creation in relationship to everything relevant to timeline dating. I am intrigued to say the least. Maybe I am even more ignorant than I thought. Ignorant meaning having lack of knowledge and all. I am open minded enough to want to research this further....just because it's new to me. Can you recommend any good reads concerning your post?

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Holy smokes Deacon! I am 62 years young and had never heard that rendition of creation in relationship to everything relevant to timeline dating. I am intrigued to say the least. Maybe I am even more ignorant than I thought. Ignorant meaning having lack of knowledge and all. I am open minded enough to want to research this further....just because it's new to me. Can you recommend any good reads concerning your post?
Well first off I am not trying to convert anyone to the way I believe. I gave a brief explanation about the age of the earth. What people do not understand about the bible is they have never been really taught about the bible. They look at the bible as a book like any other book and they read it like any other book which with the bible you cannot do for this reason, it is a book of 49 books written at different times by different men who God inspired to write what they wrote and at a given time he inspired certain men to put it into one large book in the order that he inspired it to be. When we read the bible we have to use the study guide, here a little there a little and we study the bible by subject matter. Satan was put on the earth with a third of the angles at a set time to finish the creation that God had started. but he became vain in his thinking and took his angles to heaven with him to take over and be the most high god. Like I said you read this in Isaiah, Ezekiel, and Revaluation using the principal here a little there a little to get the picture. But people pick up the bible and they open it and it says In the first line In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. and the earth was with out form and void then it goes into the creation week and people look at that and say cannot be done that is not true because they do not understand. The Hebrew for with out form and void means it was in utter cayuse., They never ask the question how did it get this way. This is a shot explanation only. Our church has a web site Thetruthofg.org we have many books and papers on any subject you wish to study or read on line, there is no charge we do not dune you for money you are under no obligation we use the principal we have received freely Christ said we are to give freely which we do and practice. I am a ordained minister I receive no salary for my services to people, God takes care of me and my needs which sometimes includes a gun( smile ). So if you are just curious or just wonting to educate yourself it is all there free for the taking. no strings attached if you prefer hard copy call or write in and you can get all that you wont we do limit the orders to three at a time or it is also in some cases

download on PDF

Thanks
Deaconllb

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Well first off I am not trying to convert anyone to the way I believe. I gave a brief explanation about the age of the earth. What people do not understand about the bible is they have never been really taught about the bible. They look at the bible as a book like any other book and they read it like any other book which with the bible you cannot do for this reason, it is a book of 49 books written at different times by different men who God inspired to write what they wrote and at a given time he inspired certain men to put it into one large book in the order that he inspired it to be. When we read the bible we have to use the study guide, here a little there a little and we study the bible by subject matter. Satan was put on the earth with a third of the angles at a set time to finish the creation that God had started. but he became vain in his thinking and took his angles to heaven with him to take over and be the most high god. Like I said you read this in Isaiah, Ezekiel, and Revaluation using the principal here a little there a little to get the picture. But people pick up the bible and they open it and it says In the first line In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. and the earth was with out form and void then it goes into the creation week and people look at that and say cannot be done that is not true because they do not understand. The Hebrew for with out form and void means it was in utter cayuse., They never ask the question how did it get this way. This is a shot explanation only. Our church has a web site Thetruthofg.org we have many books and papers on any subject you wish to study or read on line, there is no charge we do not dune you for money you are under no obligation we use the principal we have received freely Christ said we are to give freely which we do and practice. I am a ordained minister I receive no salary for my services to people, God takes care of me and my needs which sometimes includes a gun( smile ). So if you are just curious or just wonting to educate yourself it is all there free for the taking. no strings attached if you prefer hard copy call or write in and you can get all that you wont we do limit the orders to three at a time or it is also in some cases

download on PDF

Thanks
Deaconllb
Ok thanks, I went to your church library and downloaded the creation/recreation topic into my phone. I will read it in the next day or two.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
When the science people and the church people look at all this information they can all agree that the earth is millions of years old how old we cannot really know. Humanly we cannot under stand how God has always existed there was never a time when there was no God. Our brains cannot process that because we have had a beginning, we were created by our mother and father through a process that God placed in each of us male and female to be able to recreate them selves and we also have an ending for it is given for man or mankind to die once. Our minds cannot except the fact that we at onetime did not exist. I can remember back as far as when I was about 3 but before that I know nothing about myself except what my mother has told me when I was baby but it is hard for me to try and rap my mind around the fact that at one time I was not here, I do not or have any memory of me being inside my mother. We also have in our booklets a great book that you might like I don't think it is a download but not sure as we have so many. It is called From a speck of dust to a son of God. It is really hard to read that book and see the plan of God for all mankind and think about all the heartless women who have killed their children for selfish purposes. We have Roe V Wade today (Abortions') in this country because of the fact that the woman in the case hated her Husband so much that she would not have his baby after they had separated and she found she was pregnant.
This is a good discussion we can learn from each other, everyone has their own views on any subject.

Deaconllb

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Disproving is easy, all you have to look at is the fossil record, there are a whole bunch of things that date back well before 10k years. Now, convincing someone with blinders on, that is the impossible part.

Uhh, wrong, you cannot prove your dating techniques are correct. And there have been time and time again where the dating methods have been proven incaccurate. You are assuming God cannot make thing look old. If he built it, he can age it any date he wants. The blinders were removed from my eyes decades ago. The Bible will remove the blinders if you will let it.

Please enlighten how fossils form? Animals do not just fall over and fossilize. They typically decay and are eaten by other critters. For the "fossil" record to exist, those fossilized remains had to be encased in mud, a global flood to be exact. The dating techniques assume the atmosphere of the earth when the item was fossilized. The atmosphere was very different before the flood and therefore the assumptions that are used for the dating of fossils are skewed drastically.

If you ever get a chance, you should visit the Creation Museum in Ohio and the Ark Encounter in Kentucky. A lot of this is explained there. Also, you can glean a lot from the series "Answers in Genesis" that is put on by Ken Hamm. These are very knowledgeable, trained people in science, geology, etc that have removed the blinders and see the creation God has made instead of looking at it through a evolution lens that our teachers put on us in high school.

Rosewood

·
Registered
535 Posts
Uhh, wrong, you cannot prove your dating techniques are correct. And there have been time and time again where the dating methods have been proven inaccurate. You are assuming God cannot make thing look old. If he built it, he can age it any date he wants. The blinders were removed from my eyes decades ago. The Bible will remove the blinders if you will let it.

Please enlighten how fossils form? Animals do not just fall over and fossilize. They typically decay and are eaten by other critters. For the "fossil" record to exist, those fossilized remains had to be encased in mud, a global flood to be exact. The dating techniques assume the atmosphere of the earth when the item was fossilized. The atmosphere was very different before the flood and therefore the assumptions that are used for the dating of fossils are skewed drastically.

If you ever get a chance, you should visit the Creation Museum in Ohio and the Ark Encounter in Kentucky. A lot of this is explained there. Also, you can glean a lot from the series "Answers in Genesis" that is put on by Ken Hamm. These are very knowledgeable, trained people in science, geology, etc that have removed the blinders and see the creation God has made instead of looking at it through a evolution lens that our teachers put on us in high school.

Rosewood
So you can believe the myriad of things in the bible that require "faith" but can't believe that the dating methods are accurate, plus or minus the margin of error? The bible, IMO, can't be taken at face value as written. Many of the things written about are parables and analogies to make a society liveable. There is nothing wrong in it per se, but you have to read it and understand the timeframe and language in which it was written. That is the reason there are so many bible scholars out there trying to make out what the bible really says. I won't say that it is total BS, as I am sure there are many stories that will be eventually verified, scientifically, as to their accuracy, such as the flood. You have to realise that MEN decided what to include in the bible, and MEN decided what to exclude, there are many books that did not make the cut, and they, IMO, need to be looked at as they also contain some very good information about them times.

ERRORS ARE FEARED IN CARBON DATING

I keep an open mind and look upon scientific data that supports alternative theories, and yes I also look at some outlandish sounding theories such as we may not have been the original "modern" man, we may have inherited many of the large construction projects, such as the pyramids and other large construction projects. There have been found many objects that we still can't recreate and can't explain such as these:

The Genetic Disc

·
Registered
2,593 Posts

Deaconllb

I do tend to lend some credence to what deacon is saying that our creation was actually a reset

1 - 20 of 30 Posts