Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this and I am happy I possibly found a resource on h&r shotguns .I picked up an old h&r single shot from the local gunsmith it looked on the neglected in the corner.nobody has been able to tell me much information about the gun and looking for parts seems to be a challenge. There is no model on the gun . Only the brand,and the fact that has made in Worcester. Patent number February 27th 1900. I have numbers by the Tigger ...A342203... The screw is broken off the breakdown lever and that whole assembly needs attention . I don't even know where to start looking for parts for the gun.I would like to thank anyone that can identify the gun ahead of time. Nobody around here can tell me a thing about it.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Welcome to GBO. Can you post pics? That may help identify what you have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure. I will get to the shop sometime tomorrow and hopefully I can without too many problems

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to GBO. Can you post pics? That may help identify what you have.
Thanks for the welcome , I found out today it is a 1908 model. It was a basket case that nobody wanted.it was solid rust inside and out .I fixed the ejector ( or extractor.. not sure of the terminology) and the breakdown lever assembly . The only issue I'm having is I don't quite understand how the mainspring is supposed to seat in back of the frame of the gun... Is it supposed to have a cup over the spring ? Or does it seat somehow ? If I hold it in place I can operate the action . If I do not hold it the spring wants to slip out ( not on the hammer side ) ... I wish I would have really studied it when I put the paper clip in . Thanks for the reply !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was
Welcome! Sounds like a project

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks. It is going back together .. no choice but to take it down to raw steel and wood and start over . It had sat neglected in a barn for many years and it was at my local gunsmiths and nobody wanted it . I attempt to save these old shotguns ( first of this brand though) . I gather it is a 1908 model . The only thing that is becoming a real problem is the main spring seating on the back of the gun , the spring keeps wanting to slip out when I cock the gun. The spring wants slip out the "housing " it is supposed to go in . I found schematics and it does not look like there is a cup or some other piece to help retain the spring ( what I originally thought there was a piece missing ) .

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
You were asking for a parts source; have you tried Numrich Guns Parts Corporation? They also have diagrams for a lot of guns which can help visualize how it goes back together.

~WH~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts