Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose since I am moderatin here I should be heard from every now and again... really you guys do a good job by yourselves....

I have some new Rugers and have gotten rid of some old ones....I got into CAS .

2 - SS Bisley Vaqueros in 45 colt
2 - Blue Bhs in 41 Mag

I hope this post finds everyone well......now if I could only get Ruger to make a copy of a Winchester 66......humm.
DB Leath

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just bought a limited edition Ruger. It's a stainless 5.5 inch Bisley in .45 Colt! It's a beaut. I bought 300 rounds of Cabela's 255 grain cowboy loads (for reloading brass) and will hit the range next weekend...after all this graduation crap gets over with.

Dan C

·
Registered
297 Posts
Whats missing here?

Speaking of new Rugers - go to the Ruger web site and you will see that the word accurate is never mentioned with the semi-autos. I own 4 Rugers and before my Mini-14 I liked the company. The Mini left a bad taste in my mouth. My M1 easily outshoots it with mil sights. My Ruger history..

Vintage #77 in 25-06 - Great Rifle -got it when I was 15 - 22 years ago.
.44 Mag Redhawk(not super) in blue - fun, smooth, very accurate
P89 in 9mm - not bad - does the job - never jams.
Mini-14 Ranch - stinks up the gun cabinet it shoots so bad.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/P-CategoryRiflesCA.html

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
I am really fond of Rugers. I started with a Single Six back in the early '70's. Went from there to a SS Security Six that I traded to get a Super Blackhawk with the 10 inch tube, that I sold to get a SS SBH with a 5.5 inch barrel. Somewhere in amongst that time I acquired a 10/22. Two years ago my wife got me a convertible Blackhawk with a 5.5 inch barrel in .45 Colt with the .45acp cylinder. Last weekend I got a #1B standard in 30/06. I think I see a .480 SRH in my future..... :lol:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I got one of those SS Bisley BHs in .45 Colt with a 5.5" barrel. I'm pretty sure that (except for the lawyer-proof trigger pull) I couldn't be any happier...unless I had two of them. :wink:

I keep hearing "Special edition" and "Limited run" associated with this pistol, which I have to admit is one of the things that drew me to it (effective marketing)...but it sure seems like a lot of folks have them. Ruger told me that they were made for Accu-Tech (if I remember correctly...I did this research last fall), but they couldn't tell me if the run was 1,000 or 3,000. I called Accu-Tech, and got basically the same answer. Does anyone have good skinny on how many of these things were actually made?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Accu tech is correct. When I found mine {after considerable searching} I thought I had read only 5000 were made. The dealer I got it from said 2500. Either way not a whole lot. Of course that really only matters if you decide to sell it. Im keeping mine!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive had a bunch of Rugers myself.Started off with a MKII in stainless with a 10 inch barrell.Should have never sold it.A security 6,a stainless Blackhawk in .357,a blued blackhawk in .45 long colt,a redhawk in .44 mag.,a Super single six in stainless,a Vaquero stainless in .357.and I just bought a #1 stainless laminate in 7mm mag.I just cant seem to get enough Rugers.All were great guns.

·
Registered
111 Posts
:grin: I love my Rugers also, I have the New Model Blackhawk in .41 mag and 2 MKII .22's, a SP101 .357, M77 MKII compact rifle in .243, a 10/22, and of course a mini-14 which as another person stated isn't very accurate but a blast to shoot. I would like to own one of those carbine rifles in .40 cal.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Rugers past and present

Started my Ruger experience with a 10/22 Carbine. Got it as a birthday present from my boss (I was flying Floatplanes North of Lk Superior in 1980) Loved it for grouse head shots with a 4x something or other.

My next Ruger was a #1 RSI .243, then another 10/22 Deluxe.

Then a Mk1 pistol, then a #1 in 30-06, then #1 in 7x57, the RSI 77 in 308 Win. Then a stainless 77/22, coupla more 10/22s came and went, one of them stainless. A #3 in 45/70, then a second #3, this time modified with a recoil pad and sexy forearm. Then a 3 screw Blackhawk .357, a 3 screw Single Six, and old model Bearcat.

Went through all that divorce stuff a few years back and sold practically everything... not just my Rugers! I can recall no problems with any of them, and as I write this I can dredge up a coupla tears for each one.

Specially miss that #1 7x57 and the 77/22 - both whoooee accurate!:sniper:

Kept the Bearcat, Old Model Single Six, and the #3 with the recoil pad!

But it has begun again! 8) Just yesterday I picked up a 10/22. Hoping a friend might sell me a stainless .32 H&R mag Single six so my current (and last) wife can have her own sixgun! Get me another Blackhawk or Vaquero or two, and probably get another Bearcat so each kid can have one of their own. :cb2: And we can all practice for Cowboy Shootin' together.

Ain't givin' up on Rugers, just set them aside for a bit while I get back on my feet.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 1st Ruger was a m77 in 257 roberts at age 14, 2nd was a m77 in 270 at 17, 3rd a markII , 4th a 10-22 target. All very accurate. Then a week age I got a sbhh in .44and am getting a scope for it. Will be my under 80 yard hunting gun, cant wait to start shooting this one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My 1st Woogie was a used 357 security 6, paid 65 yankee dollars.
I bought 2 new M77 30-06 for 190 bucks each back in 1978.
I still hunt with the M77s as they drive tacks.
There is a host of Rugers in the vault, and I have bought and traded many others, I never had a Ruger let me down.
Heck, I even own stock in Ruger, they send me a check every quarter!
Is this a great countery or what? :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
Over the years I've had .44 Magnum Super Blackhawks and Bisleys and .357 Blackhawks and Bisleys and .22 LR Super Single Six. By light years my favorite is my new SS 5.5" .44 Magnum Acusport Ruger Bisley. I'm hoping that Acusport will order limited editions in .357 Magnum and .22 LR. I've always felt that a set of .44 Magnum, .357 Magnum and .22 LR revolvers offered an impressive array of versatility! Dennis

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Recieved a new Ruger Vaquero this Christmas!. Is the .45 with 71/2 inch barrel.

Am happy to report that it wont need any front sight filing or barrel turning.

Plan on working up loads with the unique & 185gr bullet right away as I am not above trying this out on 100yd coyotes (Midrange trajectory depending)

Will also investigate Hornadys claim of a SAFE 1,000fps load using win 296 & their 250gr jacketed bullet for a potential Deer load next season.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Ruger

Recieve a new Ruger Vaqueo this Christmas! is the .45 colt SS with 7-1/2 barrel.
Am happy to report that it wont need any front sight filing or barrel turning.

Plan on working up loads with the Unique & 185gr jacketed right away as I am not above trying this out on 100yd coyotes, (midrange trajectory depending).

Will also investigate Hornadys claim of a SAFE 1,000 fps load using the Win-296 & their 250gr jacketed bullet for a potential Deer load next year.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hey guys I'm new here. Sure is a great site. I have had more Rugers than I could list, should not have gotten rid of them. However I have a new Ruger M77 Mark ll stainless w/laminated stock in 300 Win. mag. on order. Should be here in a around first of the week. Hope to get me another Ruger revolver soon.

BBF

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Just bought a new Super Blackhawk in 44 mag. with 10.5 barrell and so far it likes the 270 G.D.s the best. Trigger gaurd about killed one of fingers until I put the Hogue grips on,and now it's a pussycat. I've had,and still have serveral Ruger's over the years and never a problem with any of them. Digger

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just ordered another Ruger. Ruger Blackhawk 45 Colt w/ 5.5 inch barrel and extra 45 ACP cylinder. Can not waite till it gets here.

BBF

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.