Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
24,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up a loaded z71 2015 5.3 Silverado 4x4. Had to go to green bay WI this weekend to visit a catholic religious shrine so I checked the milage and combined there and back on freeways at about 75, 2 lane roads in farm country and running all around Saturday evening and sunday morning in the city I got an average of 23.3 mpg and that was running the air about half the time. It was within a .1 of a mpg compared to the dash reading. . I thought that was great. It has a reading too that monitors the last 50 miles and at one time it read 25.4mpg. Id bet if a guy could hold that thing to 60 on a freeway and keep the air off youd get well over 24 mpg. You can keep those 6cyls and make mine a v8 thank you. That's a good 3-4mpg better then my 06 gets. I was pretty impressed. By the way one town (Menomonie MI) right on the WI border was having gas wars and they had reg for 2.03 a gallon. Wish I would have brought a trailer load of 5 gallon cans with me. The town I live in is a tourist town and gas is high at 2.80 but even Green Bay was 2.59

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
My 05 Silverado z-71 would get about 20 on the highway at 55mph, but not at 70. Then I got a Ford F-150 EcoBoost and it got about 3 mpg better than the Chevy, but not as good as your numbers. Wow.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 2015 5.3 Ltr 2WD that has a best 50 mile mpg at 30.4. 55 mph between LaGrange GA and Columbus, GA
[/size]
I've been averaging a little over 22 in and out of town AC on some idling at work sites over the summer. This is actual mpg as determined the old school way.

My 05 Sierra with 4.8 ltr would have been at about 18-19 with 240k ( the trade in for the 2015)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts