Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you fellows had one of the new TC Strike fire Muzzle loaders in your hands or shot one?

Deaconllb

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
DEACONLLB said:
Have any of you fellows had one of the new TC Strike fire Muzzle loaders in your hands or shot one?

Deaconllb
I think you mean the TC Strike. Vortex makes a muzzleloading rifle called the Strikefire. I haven't seen it in the stores yet, but I did see the ads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like LHR has sold out to T/C. Was unable to access LHR's web site,and after I went to T/C's site there it was.I bought my LHR from Midway and really was excited from all the hype.Now I need some accessories and wonder how I will get them.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see a post on the net about all the new muzzle loaders for 2015 and LHR is listed and the writer is asking what they will have new.
Was on Bud's discount guns and he has the new TC strike listed as well as the LHR Redemption. I did see on the net where LHR had tried with a new rifle much like the Muzzle Loader but with stronger action and came in a number of cal. as well as 45-70 but have not been able to find any thing on them.
Deaconllb

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
The TC Strike and the LHR Redemption sure do look like the same gun.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did read that last week and I have to wonder if there are any of their rifles out there?
I am in the market for a new muzzle loader and have been looking at a lot of them and also talking to those who own them and what is out there and all of that.
It seems to me at least that CVA and Triditions seem to have the market locked up, when I go to a Gun shop that is all that I see.
I wont a modern inline and not a switch barrel system I had a Triump and was a great gun just did not like the 28 inch barrel but I will say of all the guns that I have had in my hands over the last 60 years that is the only one that ever came up to my shoulder and was aimed at where I wanted it to be.

Deaconllb

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
DEACONLLB said:
I am in the market for a new muzzle loader and have been looking at a lot of them and also talking to those who own them and what is out there and all of that.
It seems to me at least that CVA and Triditions seem to have the market locked up, when I go to a Gun shop that is all that I see.
I wont a modern inline and not a switch barrel system I had a Triump and was a great gun just did not like the 28 inch barrel but I will say of all the guns that I have had in my hands over the last 60 years that is the only one that ever came up to my shoulder and was aimed at where I wanted it to be.

Deaconllb
I'm pretty sure that you've looked at the H&R Sidekick with improved breech plug, (it's a lot shorter than the Triumph), and a TC Omega. But those are the two BP rifles that I've used consistently over the past couple of years. I also have a Triumph, it's a great gun, but I personally like the Omega better. I originally bought one (Omega), then another one. What I didn't know was that the wife, had bought a S/S version of the Omega for me as a Christmas present, so I ended up with three of them, I eventually sold one, but not the one that I got as a present from the wife.

Lately I've been thinking about selling the Triumph, as it sits in the safe, and doesn't get any use. If you do buy the Redemption/TC Strike, post a range report. I'm curious as to if the rifle lives up to it's hype.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one of them last week, and hit the range with it last Saturday. I looked at the LHR last year, and I didn't buy it, but I started looking at it again and found out that it was no longer made. I had owned a Tradition in the past, but I was never pleased with it's performance, so I checked out TC, and lo and behold, there it was, re-badged as the Strike! And better yet, my local shop had them in stock! Many of the "new" things found on Traditions and CVA like the ceracote finish, were brought to the market by LHR. I was a bit disappointed that they didnt use the Green Mountain Cloverleaf barrel, but after shooting it a while, I found it really didn't matter. I also didn't like the looks of the trigger guard, but I can live with that. The exterior threads on the breach plug is an awesome idea, and really works great. The trigger is crisp, and better than some triggers I have seen on center fire rifles. Ugly? Yeah a bit, but it shoots pretty darn good. I was feeding it 100 grns. of Blackhorn 209 and TC Shockwaves. Once I got it on paper, it was grouping within an inch at 100 yards! The last group was the 3 shot string right above the dot. I figured that was a good place to stop. (Just to clarify... the fliers outside the center was when I was adjusting the scope :) ) I was pretty pleased with how well it grouped, and will be using it for the upcoming muzzle loading season trying to fill a couple tags I had left over from the regular deer season.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
At least it leaves good looking groups. Good luck with your season.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts