Graybeard Outdoors banner

New to 1911s

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Bad Mike 
#1 ·
Have already learned a lot from here (thanks a lot guys) but have another question. I want a couple more mags what do you guys recommend? don't want to buy junk. thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I've never found the 1911's I've owned to be very sensitive about magazines. Prices, of course, are all over the place from cheap to expensive. If it was me I'd buy a handful (never can have too many magazines) of cheap ones for range use. For CC use I'd spend a few more bucks and get a few higher quality ones for that purpose. You also have your choice in the more expensive mags between the 7 shot (standard) and 8 shot mags.

https://www.midwayusa.com/magazines...y%7C1&Ntpc=1&Ntpr=1&customerSelectedSort=True

Places like CDNN and Sarco often have some good deals on mags, you might look there.

#3 ·
Wilson Combat and Chip McCormick are two of the top brands r/e quality and reliability. I am sure there are others as good, but they are what I use for my carry 1911's with no complaints. You can spend less and get reliability, but the two noted above are considered by many to be the standard in 1911 mags.

Larry

#5 ·
I'm with GPA. I have about a dozen mixed magazines, some left over from southeast Asia. However, along with the Wilson and Chip McCormick magazines are the Ed Brown magazines. And, if you have older magazines that fit but you want to upgrade them, you can always just purchase new springs and followers for 8 rounders and just switch'm over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.