Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Contendre used the other day. I''ve messed with the Encores quite a bit, but this is my first Contender. The barrel that came with it is a 10" .222 . I am planning to sell this for a 14" .223. The question I have is the bottom of the barrel has a dovetailed base that the foreend screws into. Does this go with the barrel, or do I keep this in case I get another 10" bbl.?
THanks in advance again for your help.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Keep it. you may need it in the future. The 14 inchers have a double screw forend, and I'm not sure bout the current 12 inchers as to their forend.

Good luck on your project! I have a Contender set up with a 14inch barrel and also a Contender Carbine set up with a 16inch barrel which is nice for hikeing.

docand

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

I got the contender for "mountain Bike" hunting. will be soon to get a .223 in 14" for Coyote hunting.
Thanks again.
AL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the season, when you get to old and lazy to walk logging roads, and they wont allow dirt bikes.
Sometimes you just have to make up your own. :lol:

·
Registered
160 Posts
The dovetailed threaded base that fits into the barrel goes with the barrel. A 14" barrel should come with two dovetailed threaded bases. The bases are not meant to be repeatedly installed/removed or they will soon not fit tightly any more.

By all means keep your forend but the dovetail should stay with the barrel. You can always get one from T/C if you need it, but you should not need one except on very rare occasion.
Welcome to the wonderful addicting world of contenders.
Joe

·
Registered
48 Posts
fyrepowrx said:
Doc-and...

i heard tell them mountain bikes are purty tasty if ya cook 'em right...

:)
They taste just like chicken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts