Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought home a Pre-Model 34 .22LR 4" barrel Kit Gun. It will be in good company
with my Pre-M18 4" and Pre-M17 6" revolvers. I'm looking forward to taking it to the
range and seeing what it will do. It has the flat latch for releasing the cylinder. Before
I got it somebody put stag grips on it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
As far as I am concerned Smith & Wesson make the finest firearms known to man. Have not had a bad one yet, and suspect I never will.

Great choice, good luck with it!:tango_face_smile:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
My grandpa had one of those. It was his trapping gun. He carried it in a well worn flap holster designed for something else. He promised it to me one summer when I was the only one of 5 grandsons that showed up to help him bale hay. My worthless uncle beat me to it and sold it to support his habit.

Good find Ex 49er...happy shooting!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I just brought home a Pre-Model 34 .22LR 4" barrel Kit Gun. It will be in good company
with my Pre-M18 4" and Pre-M17 6" revolvers. I'm looking forward to taking it to the
range and seeing what it will do. It has the flat latch for releasing the cylinder. Before
I got it somebody put stag grips on it.
You've been on what I call a "gun buying bender" here lately. Good for you, we only go around once. :tango_face_grin:

·
Premium Member
8,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You've been on what I call a "gun buying bender" here lately. Good for you, we only go around once. :tango_face_grin:
I'm retired and have a decent pension, social security, and investments; I don't travel and I don't have a girlfriend anymore. Might as well
spend the money on something I like and I've been stockpiling ammo for 20+ years; so I might as well start to shoot some of it. Other
people have passed away and the local stores are getting in lots of consignment firearms. Somebody has to buy them; I might as well
buy a few and get some use out of them while I can. If I didn't live in Commie-fornia I would probably have a lot more than I
do now. If you snooze, you lose.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm retired and have a decent pension, social security, and investments; I don't travel and I don't have a girlfriend anymore. Might as well
spend the money on something I like and I've been stockpiling ammo for 20+ years; so I might as well start to shoot some of it. Other
people have passed away and the local stores are getting in lots of consignment firearms. Somebody has to buy them; I might as well
buy a few and get some use out of them while I can. If I didn't live in Commie-fornia I would probably have a lot more than I
do now. If you snooze, you lose.
Buying quality used guns like you've been buying is just like putting money in the bank, and their a lot more fun to play with than a bank statement. I have a little gun buying habit myself, so I completely understand.

·
Premium Member
8,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quality Smiths, Old Hi Powers, Older Broomhandles, and old Colts seem to be the order of the day. When I'm gone there
are nephews and a niece that will enjoy shooting them as much as I do.

·
Premium Member
8,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Made it up to the range today with the Kit Gun. Can't think of anything not to like about this little revolver.
It is pretty much dead on at 25yds. It has a great trigger pull, the sights are easy to see with my old eyes,
and it is pretty darn accurate. Empty shells ejected with ease and it seems to not have any preference
about the ammo it digests. It's a keeper in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Ex 49er, we like pictures here?
Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts