Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an ADL i bought this week, and it has the new x-mark trigger. very clean but a little heavy for my tastes. can i adjust this?

i see no way to do so. the others i have seen have all had 2 screws, this one has no screws at all, almost looks like there is no adjustment possible.

·
Administrator
26,228 Posts
ALL Remington Model 700s use the same trigger assembly as do the Model Seven's.

If you have the very latest then it is supposed to be adjustable without taking it from the stock using a single screw visible inside the trigger guard. I've not yet had one of those but I assume it will be like the Model 40X trigger. If so look in front of the trigger for a screw. It should have come with the wrench to do the adjustment. My XR-100 did.

Otherwise it will be like the photos I posted on your other thread.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope. no screw.

nothing like the other 700's i have seen.

it has a VERY tiny little opening that may be for a hex wrench but never seen one that small.

nothing underneath in the trigger guard but the bolt release lever.

scratching my head here...

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there's zero creep or overtravel...i could live with it like this.

but if i can take a pound or two off i would.

damn nice rifle and trigger, great fit and finish for an ADL. very impressed.

will see how it shoots tomorrow.

$449 aint bad for a bull barrel with varmint stock and scope and rings.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no new ideas?

btw this rifle shot a one-hole group during sighting in.

at 50 yards, but still...literally one hole with 3 shots. barrel was warm and group was shot pretty fast. amazing.

i guess the trigger isn't too bad if i can do that lol

·
Administrator
26,228 Posts
I really don't know what trigger you have. I think if I'm not mistaken the latest I have are called X-Mark Pro or some such but really are same as the old as far as screws or very nearly so. They are what I showed already in the photos.

The latest guns I've bought were all from last year as I've had no money for buying guns this year. I'm aware of the change to the external adjustment screw and still believe that's what you have. Since I've not bought one yet I have no clue what size screw it has. I'd guess quite small tho and likely hex or allen wrench. I think that's what the 40X and X-R100s use.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will take a pic when i get time, and see if you have seen this before. it's one hole where the old style screws would be, on the front of the trigger housing.

but its TINY. i cannot imagine getting a hex or anything in it.

and there was no tool in the box.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i will post a pic eventually.

i may be buying a new trigger anyway, if this isn't adjustable. i have adjusted howa, weatherby, ruger, remington, etc. but this one is a mystery. looks like it's a closed system.

i shot for groups today but the limiting factor was the trigger.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know you are right, GB. but i been around guns a long time and i just don't see how this thing could be adjustable.

i will take it out of the stock tonight to wipe it down and when i do i will snap you a pic. if you can figure it out, i applaud you.

-Matt

·
Administrator
26,228 Posts
Photos of area in front of trigger and bottom of trigger assembly where trigger comes out of it should show where the adjustment screw is depending on type you have. Photos must be clear and properly focused. NOT always an easy task for me but to see the detail it is a must.

·
Registered
34 Posts
if your talking about the x mark pro, yes it is adjustable. Those tiny hex head screws on the front and back are the adjustments. My gunsmith was familiar with it and done mine. If I recall correctly they are covered with some kind of silicon or something. It has to be scraped or heated to get it out. My trigger breaks cleanly at 2lbs now.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, so when one eats crow, do they get to choose a condiment? i like ketchup...

that tiny little hole...the one i swore i couldn't even get a tool in...?

its a tiny little hex screw. and when turned to the left, it makes the sweetest factory trigger i have ever experienced. :)

-Matt

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, yeah...

i really thought that hole was just part of the manufacturing process or something. it just did not look big enough to be an adjustment.

wow is this thing crisp and clean, what a great trigger!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Matt

But you indicated you removed the barreled action from the stock and did not observe any adjustment screws, is that what I am taking away from your posts??

I have not had an opportunity to examine the latest version of the SPL to date either... Maybe I better go check one out.

Aug ><>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts