Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that this is not what is being taught at West Point. :-\ Some how I doubt that it is...


The reason for my doubts are the very things that make me question the speakers motivations. To me it seems the video touts the speaker's military position for credibility. Then there's the fact that Prager University isn't a university at all. At least not in the common usage of the term. It's a left coast non-profit organization that offers "knowledge and clarity on life's biggest topics at no cost. How? Awesome 5 minute videos." Their stated mission is:"To [/color][/size]offer clear explanations of life's biggest ideas. From economics and history, to religion and culture, we teach a lot, in very little time."[/color]
[/size][/color][/color]It seems this Prager University has ordained that it is able to give the definitive, undeniable and unquestionable answer to all "life's biggest ideas."[/color][/color] [/color]

[/size]Then listen to how the Colonel ends his very slanted position: "for Prager University." Sounds like a talking head to me...[size=78%]


What ya think? ???

https://video-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=abde820d227cbc8e2cc84ea5cf094204&oe=55CB75EE
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,845 Posts
An indoctrination official for the left. Less than 5% of of ALL SOUTHERNERS owned slaves but, somehow convinced the other 95% to fight the bloodiest, most destructive war ever, on AMERICAN soil. Right!m ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,172 Posts
Well, first, "Prager University" sounds like an ideal place for conventional low-info, short attention span liberals to get a 'higher education' from group PC chants and bumper sticker study assignments.

Next, I doubt that even 5% of Southern fighters had any direct connection to slaves. Slaves were costly and generally of low production. Few people but the wealthy had any use for them and that only because there were too few local laborers to work huge farms; I'd believe something less than 1%.

What northerners can't seem to grasp is that very few, if any, southerners were fighting over slaves. The vast majority fought to repel military invaders who sought to force southern subjugation to the will of an overly expansive federal government. A lot of people feel THAT war might still need to be carried on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,611 Posts
Video appears to have been taken down...

CW
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cwlongshot said:
Video appears to have been taken down...

CW

Well I'd like to know the story behind THAT! ???


I thought it was a darn good example, for anyone who cares to question, of indoctrination under the guise of legitimacy! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
I'll still say that it was about money and power. My understanding is that Lincoln owned slaves. Mo. didn't have slaves but they fought for the South. I will agree there was a lot of money in slave trade, but i just don't think it was fought over slavery. Just my 2 cents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,983 Posts
dynomike1x1 said:
My understanding is that Lincoln owned slaves.
Documentation please......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,172 Posts
In MO and KN it was a real civil war, mixed loyalties all over both places. But MO did understand the Constitutional principles of right and wrong and limits of Federal power over the states so that's what they defended.

The Federals paid a heavy price for their victory but they won and the whole country is still under the grinding heels of the Federal Government and BOzo's Executive Orders, plus a politicized DOJ, EPA, NASA, TSA, ICE, BATF, NPS, NSA, CIA, VA, NOAA, IRS, BLM, DOE, and virtually every other alphabet agency because of that bloody victory.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wncchester said:
The Federals ... won and the whole country is still under the grinding heels of the Federal Government and BOzo's Executive Orders, plus a politicized DOJ, EPA, NASA, TSA, ICE, BATF, NPS, NSA, CIA, VA, NOAA, IRS, BLM, DOE, and virtually every other alphabet agency because of that bloody victory.

What Mr. Chester said!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top