Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start shooting Silhouette.

Number one problem is where do I start.and where to fine others that do this in My area.I live in the southern Oklahoma area.south of OKC about an hour drive.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Thanks in advance :D :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
There are two gun clubs in the OKC-Norman area. The first is the Oklahoma City Gun Club. The other is Tri-City Gun club. Last I knew, George Duggan was running the matches for Tri-City, but that might have changed. The Oklahoma State director is Jim Fields and he can be reached at 405-721-2186. State directors love to field calls from new shooters, so feel free to contact him. I shoot at Young Hunter's Safety just west of Wichita KS. If I can be any help, drop me a line at [email protected]

You will find that silhouette shooters are some of the nicest people in the world. My suggestion would be to show up to a match with whatever you have to shoot and have a ball.

7br aka Mark B.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Getting started

Wildcat,

1) Log on to the IHMSA site @ www.ihmsa.org You can also check-out the IHMSA rule book and partake in an IHMSA-dedicated discussion board.

2) Sign-up for a free IHMSA newsletter. There is a WEALTH of info in there.

3) Go to some matches, rub elbows with the other shooters and you'll learn a TON of things.

4) While at the matches, be prepared to meet the nicest, most helpful bunch of people you'll ever meet that are holding a gun ! :grin:
- at least that has been MY experience ![/url]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts