Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
That's a great report. I am especially pleased to learn that you find the quality of the new CZs actually IMPROVING, which even that says a lot because they were already well built guns. In any event, most people seem to complain (and perhaps rightfully so) that the quality of newer gun manufacturers seems to go down every year. As such, it is refreshing to learn that the quality of CZ seems to have improved.

Zachary

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zachary: Thank you and Yes, it IS refreshing what CZ is doing. I called the CZ office in Kansas City and talked to someone there and was told that they had been talking and LISTENING to hunters and shooters, and had been working with the factory to upgrade their products. The new stock design and better fit and finish is a direct result of that. American shooters wanted a stock that was more slim and lively in their hands, but had the classic style butt, made for scope use. Another outcome of this attitude of listening is the new version of the 527 with the flush magazine. They had received a lot of complaints about the protruding one from American shooters, so they've come out with the much more flush version. They know that we would rather have more than two rounds of magazine capacity, but it would take quite a bit of modification of the 527 action to accomodate a dual-stack magazine rather than a single-stack one.

They had heard reports of the stocks of both the 527 and 550 Americans bearing against the right side of the barrel near the front of the barrel channel, and when they checked with the factory, sure enough, they found a CNC programming or setup error in the stock carving machine.

They also acknowledged numerous requests from customers wanting a lighter weight version of the 550 American. But they wouldn't say whether or not we would get that wish. Drat! Also acknowledged was the wish for a wider selection of calibers. However, they stressed that there was a lot going on at their factory and they couldn't do everything everybody wanted all at once. It was going to take time, but they WERE doing what they could, within the constraints of time, tooling, and R&D dollars, and that there ARE new things coming.

The person's attitude and responsiveness was refreshing compared to most conversations I've had with the large US gunmakers.

And they are also working on new web pages and a new catalog.

·
3,203 Posts
very nice looking rifle and it looks to shoot great also. I like that the clip does not stick down also. Yep, very nice.

Long

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
hmmm 6.5 seems to be pretty popular, imagine that! a 100 yr old cartridge dominating the pack.guess we really didnt need all those short fat mags after all?
;D im looking at a cz in 7.62 also, glad to hear good things about it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one eye: No they didn't. But I didn't ask either. You ought to give 'em a call and talk to them about it. I just dialed the customer service number I found on their website. Talked to a very knowledgeable lady the first time and a technical guy the second time.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Brought up on leverguns with half-cock safeties the 527 is a natural to me. God, please give CZ the wisdom to keep this most American feature on at least one model! Thank you,Lord, Guy

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Errrr excuse me but are American shooters so daft that they cannot cope with a Brno safety?

Seems such a little thing to me ??? ::)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Nope... we just want them to work the way that is "logical" to us. I had to study my Steyr SBS safety for a bit to figure it out. Now it's not a problem but... I was nervous about it at first. Would have been a no-brainer for me if it was a "normal" safety. Of course, then it wouldn't have been a Steyr, now would it?

ngh

·
Registered
490 Posts
5 H&Rs, 2 Marlin 101s, 3 Marlin100s, 1 Marlin 1892, 1Winchester 94. Pull back to shoot. Logic is in the mind of the shooter and no one else. There is the twisted wreckage of a CZ 550 on the side of Mt. Shaw here in NH when the safety didn't release after being pulled back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts