Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newton, KS is a small Kansas town with a heavy Mennonite presence and has one of the premier Mennonite colleges in the nation which is Bethel College. Due to the play there (see below) we will be visited by those wonderful folk from the Westboro Baptist church. Guess we should feel honored. ::) Below is from a former student from one of the schools I work in.

I am currently going to Bethel College in Newton. On November 10th,11th, and12th the Bethel College theater department is putting on a play called The Laramie Project: 10 years later. I am not sure whether you are familiar with this play, but it is based off of the true events that happened in Laramie, Wyoming. Matthew Shephard, a student in Laramie, decides to admit his gay sexuality. He is tied to a fence and beaten to death, because of his "gayness". My college issues colloquy class has been discussing and reading the play. I love the discussions in this class and at this college, because my peers don't just tolerance, they accept.

Anyways! It will be a fantastic play. Email me if you would like to come and I will give you specific details.
The play will be phenominal, but I am emailing you because the Westborough Church has decided to drive to North Newton Kansas to protest. We talked about the right to protest many times last year, but it still angers me that they would protest a play.

·
Registered
639 Posts
A true story? I think you should study this case a little closer. This is a very loaded piece of Gay propaganda. Please look at how the Gays tried to force Hate Laws in Wyoming thru this story. When that didn't work Hollywood attacked Wyoming the Cowboy State with a movie called Broke Back Mountain. ::)

·
Registered
42,140 Posts
sidewinder319 said:
A true story? I think you should study this case a little closer. This is a very loaded piece of Gay propaganda. Please look at how the Gays tried to force Hate Laws in Wyoming thru this story. When that didn't work Hollywood attacked Wyoming the Cowboy State with a movie called Broke Back Mountain. ::)

YEP. Good post. POWDERMAN. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote from sidewinder319:
"A true story? I think you should study this case a little closer. This is a very loaded piece of Gay propaganda. Please look at how the Gays tried to force Hate Laws in Wyoming thru this story. When that didn't work Hollywood attacked Wyoming the Cowboy State with a movie called Broke Back Mountain. "

It was not true that the young man was tied to a post and beat to death for being gay? Or that what you say above justified it?
GuzziJohn

·
Registered
639 Posts
This is a very long story. You make it sound like a simple muder. I won't spend time going over the facts. It sounds like you are pro Gay rights so anything I sa y would fall on deaf ears. I whould think that even you would agree that using a death to gain attention is a waste of life regardless. ???

·
Registered
42,140 Posts
sidewinder319 said:
This is a very long story. You make it sound like a simple muder. I won't spend time going over the facts. It sounds like you are pro Gay rights so anything I sa y would fall on deaf ears. I whould think that even you would agree that using a death to gain attention is a waste of life regardless. ???

Good post Sir, and true. POWDERMAN. :eek: :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.